gryphon
(.450 member)
19/12/03 07:29 AM
Re: Sambar hunting - tips, techniques & strategies?

he has now gone maybe to age or someone elses bullet I'll never know but I hope he is out there rooting some hind

I GOT HIM LES YOU OLD BASTARD AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nitro if you want easy hunting get into the `Gatta before the gates close on the queens B/day w/end mate,weather is good (generally) the deer have rubbed out (generally) and maybe even a wallow or two is touched up,you will always see deer in there (if you walk far enough) and good camps are to be had as well. I prefer to get amongst them in Aug Sept when the stags are getting into everything,walking/rubbing/wallowing/fighting/mating/ and are down low feeding primarily on the B/berries leaving sign everywhere for us dills to follow haha.
Have done much the same as Les at Eildon but its getting a real hammering these days but stags are still to be had with some luck involved..best to hunt out of a boat and walk the shoreline for marks by bulls overnight,this method is most productive as i can always find a fresh stag mark that has come off the tops overnight.Eildon can be tough on the knees mate ..its a frigging steep joint where i get about.
Sambar are all about Big R too but its mostly a real prick of a thick place unless you are right in the know.stay out of there Nitro and take either the lake or the Gatta...you never know i`m hoping for an early trip into the gatta in May myself...we might connect!
When the gates are shut its a ten or so mile walk in but it is better if you have previously made a supply dump first to hunt this way.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com