ARRA
(.224 member)
04/12/03 07:40 PM
Re: Sensible Sambar Rifle

Gryphon,
I bet you've had a few beers off the wood of the Conargo Pub bar then. I have a workshop in Wagga and live 20k's north of the river.
We did a lot of pig and goat culling when we were young blokes(mid 20s) north west of Condo(Bobadah,Nymagee,Nangeryborne,Tottenham areas)about 10 years + ago and have lost contact with people, but have been talking to a couple of customers from the Mossgiel area
who tell me the drought has taken its toll on the pigs.I will get up there and check things out when I here the numbers are coming back.
I normally hunt south east of here and have shot pigs there but they are rare.I have seen fallow and red deer but have only got interested in them this year after building up my 6.5 last year .I figured the 17rem and 223 were a bit light on.
Walking is the best way to go ,but we cant compare it to your sambar country .Use to do a bit of bushwalking in the Vic Alps but have done a shit load of 4WDing down there so I know some of the localitys(thats a metric shit load of 4WDing .Is that bigger than a imp shit load ?)
Where abouts are you .

Contact Us NitroExpress.com