NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
13/11/05 11:46 PM
Re: Is a 6.5x54mm adequate for Water Buffalo?

In reply to:

Well they must prove something because you saw fit to post them on another thread on your Boards....

Well perhaps it is called a "hunting story"

Q3 Was the PH happy?

I suppose so. The animal died fairly close to where shot. The client was able to approach the buffalo to the range required. No animals escaped. No one was hurt. He was paid. I think, happy. Everyone in camp seemed to enjoy the week.

Q4. Would he recommend it to others?

No idea. Maybe it isn't relevant, a lot of people don't like giving "advice".

The first buffalo was 3 or 4 shots. I wasn't there. 2 were up the arse as the PH insisted and were ineffectual.

There are two different buffalo. His second buffalo was a single shot kill. I think I mentioned it. The PH again urged additional shots which he this time ignored.

Orion is not a good typer and one reason he does not post much. So to put it to rest I will answer. There is video which needs to be sourced too. Eventually that will be posted - for fun, nothing else.

The reason he choose this calibre was because he bought a new (vintage) rifle and aims to shoot all sorts of game with it. His "bigger" "long range" calibre was a 7mm STW. As said previously he has taken over 20 buffalo with the .270 (1983 approx). His biggest rifle is a .375 H&H (6 lbs! in total weight) which he has used for lion and cape buffalo in Africa (because the law insists on minimums).

Marty

Quid Pro Quo

I have answered your questions but you haven't answered mine. What were the rumours mentioned and who was spreading them? A PM is OK unless you are happy to answer here.

I just found that comment amusing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com