NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
02/11/05 12:12 AM
Re: Is a 6.5x54mm adequate for Water Buffalo?

In reply to:

Like I say, Darwin is a small town. The hunting community is smaller. Stories have been circulating for a month or more. This site has done nothing to circumvent them. Give us the story or be prepared for someone elses version.

Gee what a hotbed of intrigue and rumour!

Marty, can you PM me the stories, as they sound very interesting.

I will break my plan to let Martin tell the story by adding the following couple of sentences.

I haven't had time to work on the story or the photos or much else.

While I was not present at the 6.5mm kills on buffalo as I understand it, both were shot well broadside in the chest. One ran away and the PH insisted follow-up shots be fired. Which were into the rear of the buffalo and as Orion expected had no effect. The other was also shot with follow-up shots as again the PH insisted. Don't remember the details. After a while both buffalo succumbed to the initial well placed shots and died well.

Mostly a non event. I should let it drag out more so the rumours really reach mammoth proportions.

Hopefully Orion can reveal more in an entertaining way and I hope he forgives me stealing his thunder.

Anyway it is 11:40 PM and I have another couple of hours of fungicide spraying (preventative) to get in tonight before the rain and risk of mildew happens tommorrow in my vineyards. Sometimes you got to spend time where it is needed.

PS "Orion", I emailed you. I have your skulls in my sheds which Graham included with mine to the freight company. I will bring them down when I can, otherwise if you want them earlier, a trip to the Barossa might be needed. If so you can have a look at my NEW scrub bull horns and skull.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com