Marty
(.300 member)
01/11/05 11:52 PM
Re: Is a 6.5x54mm adequate for Water Buffalo?

Yeah OK.

I'll point out the Gorrila in the room, because this BS has gone on long enough.

Shifty....or Nitro needs to clarify what went on here with "The Buff and the 6.5". At least on these forums. Yes! I have heard of people shooting them with 22/250's and the like, but that is always put down to the dickhead minority.

There are stories going round Darwin, the Top End and various PH's as to what happened on this particular hunt. NONE of these stories has been clarified by ANY post on NitroXpress. Period.

Either post the photos and clear the air....... or shut up and admit that an animal was arse shot by an inappropriate calibre by a hunter who would not take that calibre out after Buff again. Granted, the hunter had his reasons for using this rifle. But in the final analysis and as the members of this forum are my jury, I see no legitimate reason for the use of this calibre over what else was available.

We have had the promise of photos and story for some time now. Nothing has been forthcoming.

Q1. Photo of the Buff please?

Q2. How many shots did it take? And where was it hit?

Q3. Was the PH happy with the final outcome?

Q4. Would the hunter use this calibre again, and would he recommend it to other hunters?

Like I say, Darwin is a small town. The hunting community is smaller. Stories have been circulating for a month or more. This site has done nothing to circumvent them. Give us the story or be prepared for someone elses version.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com