NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/04/24 04:36 PM
Re: "Traditions of Yesteryear", Stockwell Hunt Club, Barossa

I attended yesterday's fix drives. As a blocker only again. Myself I got a shot of at the only fox I saw. Second to last drive, A "pray" shot, at 70 metres or more. The dust pattern behind the fox didn't look too bad though. My second cartridge was a misfire, indented primer. Ammo or shotgun? Will test it out. My Simson Suhl side by side shotgun.

I'm going to test shoot BBs at stationary clay targets at various ranges. And coreflute drawn foxes. See how they do and don't work. How they pattern on the fox kill zone. What the trajectory is as well.

The tally for the Fox Cull group is it's believed an all time record, at 269 foxes. I know the numbers don't add up to that.

I took some photos yesterday. Mostly just the terrain where my stands were. And at the lots of roos. M

My new 1989 Mitsubishi Triton 4WD ute got some use.

That's it for the this year for the fix drives. The local farmers love the thinning out of foxes which predate on the lambs and birthing ewes.

Myself I'm going to shoot some foxes here at home. I've got one or more visiting every night. I think some might be living in the vineyards, eating hanging super ripe grapes.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com