NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/10/22 09:55 PM
Re: Rabbit, Hare and Fox hunting thread

A bit of crop protectioyn -thread

Some crop protection. Rabbits cause a lot of damage to my oaten hay crop, so need some thinning out.

Blitzen guarding the rabbits. He thinks they are his, but I think otherwise. I used my Mauser M03 in .222 Remington. Shots varied from 50 metres to about a 150 metres.

Three nice full sized rabbits, all head shot or upper neck shot. Perfect for the pot, or so I thought. Blitzen thought differently.

Arriving home I left the rabbits hanging in the backyard and commanded Blitzen to "guard" them while I went in for a drink, get a knife and chopping board and then out to get them for dressing. However Blitzen had other ideas, and by the time I got out, all three were buried somewhere in the backyard ... found two of them the next day. He had buried and hid them well. So they were "dressed" for Blitzen's table instead ....

No matter as there are plenty more in the paddocks and vineyards.

I'll be going out to shoot as many as possible in the next few weeks. Perhaps needing to resort to some more drastic measures, such as warren gassing. I prefer to hunt and shoot them instead of course. As I shoot more and more of them, they will become more nocturnal so I will need to get out a hand held spotlight.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com