NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/09/22 08:01 AM
Re: 500 Jeffery 505 Gibbs

Nice rifles. I remember seeing one of those .500 Jeffery M98s in the shop.

What are the metal poles for? Temporary or left there for future camps? I guess for stretching a tarpaulin over a wire?

I've done that, Once for JBs water buffalo. One much earlier for my large scrub bull. It can get painfully! Carrying out by oneself one needs to cut everything and as much off as one can first. Then actually quite like slung with a rope from one shoulder.

Yes, finding a cooler wet shady spot to spend two or so hours during the middle of the day is a good idea. A drink, a meal, a siesta, get wet, cool off and avoid the mad midday sun of an Englishman! Very uncomfortable in a hot dry unshaded spot if a cool wetter good shade spot can't be found.

I don't know if I could trust drinking the water from pools? With a life straw I guess. And emergencies. One never knows if there is a dead animal just upstream. Plus all the cow, buffalo, pig shit etc.

Matt did you drink from the pools?

A question. Why shoot out whole small herds of buffalo? Six or more beasts at once? Were you shooting on a station where they wanted them shot out? Or hunting a park and the same?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com