NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/10/19 09:38 PM
Re: Winchester pre 64 264WM Hunt

Instant hunt with the new rifle. Good stuf.

So when you skin out a head two weeks after being shot and two weeks in hot and possibly humid conditions, what condition is in it? ie how much does it stink? how much rotting, perhaps dried out flesh is left on it?

One of my last heads, my last one? I removed the jaw straignt away, the tongue, the skin, eyes, as much flesh as I could before carrying it out. Dumped it in the bush a distance away from the properties gate near the highway. Spent some days in Darwin etc. On return wrapped it up with plastic garbage bags and tape. Mounted on the back of the Landcruiser. Hoping for an airtight seal so it didn't smell too much when at hotels, motel, fuel stations etc. On return home had stuff to do, so dumped it under a tree. Forgot about it for a fortnight or more. Damn, have to get to it, thought one day, so unwrapped it, what a stink, and most of the remaining flesh has liquified and poured out. Squirted it out with a strong hose stream, cleaned out most of it that way. Some boiling water. Put somewhere to dry out.

Decided not to let it get to a liquification stage in future.

I reckon your heads had to stink a lot!?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com