(.375 member)
05/10/19 09:12 PM
Winchester pre 64 264WM Hunt

Arrived yesterday arvo Impressed with condition. Came with leupold 4-12 so cleaned and already loaded 140 accubonds with 2209. So Out for a quick sight in and ready for todays hunt.
Looking to be pretty hot so a early start and skirted some of the country I usually look at to get out to some buff carcases to pick up some heads.
Found a small boar in a tight gully and ran forward to catch him going up, put up a bedded boar under a bank. Swung onto him and had to wait for a gap in the trees, poleaxed him at 40m.Stoked first with the new Winchester. Quick pic session and moved on.
Nothing at the cacasses so I hunted on and left Joey to skin out her head from a few weeks ago. Found nothing and on return found her asleep. Loaded the head and continued on to good water, we were low already.
Nothing at the next spot so topped up with water and continued. After picking up another head.
Next up were a few buff out of a wallow, running neck shot at 70m crashed the cow but she made it to her feet and required a couple more to finish her. Cow was in poor condition.A few pics and heading out.
Loaded up so slow travelling and I walked onto a bull wallowing in a pool. Decision, and went with a head shot at 20m drop on the spot but in the water. Sh#t worried about fouling the water but it will be gone in the next two weeks. Made for some interesting pics and set up.
Took the back straps and rumps and made for a interesting carry out. Heres a few pics. Cheers Mick
first boar

King brown Pseudechis australis

Joey asleep

Joey proud walk out, first buff a few weeks earlier

topping up water

Cow

young bull

Contact Us NitroExpress.com