NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
13/06/05 02:48 PM
Re: Buffalo Head Shot

Good photos Marrakai.

I know about a brain shot being difficult on a buff as if you remember I wrote once about trying to finish off my bull with a frontal brain shot. I fired a little too high, one reason my double is shooting way too high and I under-compensated. The 480 gr Woodleigh FMJ ricocheted off the skull leaving a deep gouge like an entry wound, though we did not know it till we caped off the skull later. The bull did drop stunned but again started to revive.

My mate who plans to use the 6.5mm used heart shots when he shot them with a .270. If you refer back I never mentioned going for a brain shot at all though most assumed that was what was intended and they discussed it.

So I do ask the question, what do you think of the heart shot on a water buffalo? If consistently and accurately placed it will certainly kill a buffalo. How long and how many metres would it take before the buffalo drops? Assuming people aren't blazing away at it.

Also what bullet is recommended? He was thinking of a Barnes-X.

Just for discussion to see what people's points of views are. As previously said I intend to use either a .450, a.375 or a 9.3mm myself.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com