NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/01/19 02:38 AM
Re: New venomous snake discovered in Australia

Quote:

Add to that all the poison spiders and insects I don't see how you guys even manage a picnic.

Some visitors are so scared to walk around when here, but the reality is most people are never bitten or stung by anything nasty their whole lives. Just today I emptied and tipped over a water trough to clean it and took the chance of curling my fingers under the lip. Often a place where red back spiders lurk. None under there this time. If I take the time I prefer to use gloves just in case. Fingers crossed, but I have never been bitten by a red back spider yet.

Always snakes around here, I walk around bare foot in summer often, and was up to my knees in grass several times this week to open and close irrigation taps. I do always enter the grass carefully looking carefully. Anyone who knows snakes knows you never see the buggers anyway until they are right beside your foot ... I do take care at the taps as they leak and are good place for critters to have a drink in the extremely dry conditions.

Saw a trap door spider hole yesterday.

Red back spiders/black widdows, brown snakes, red bellied black snakes, white tail spiders (flesh eating poison), trap door spiders, probably other stuff, but nothing big that could eat one here. Noit really a problem and when they are a smart person knows to take care. Some chance of problems of course.

As for blue ringed occupusses, I was just saying last week I have never seen one, yet they are supposedly somewhat common at the beaches.

Sharks, white pointers, in the ocean can be a problem, and sometimes a beach is cleared of swimmers when one is spotted by an aircraft.

But oif people were afraid of these sorts of beasts and insects, people could not live in parts of the world where brown bears for example live ...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com