Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
06/09/18 10:34 PM
Re: 7mm 140 gr Hydro-Solid .284" - Who has used these?

John Marossi is the chap who developed the Hydro, he is a gentleman and very unassuming. He shoots regularly at our shoots and he never brags or even talks about the Hydro's unless he is asked by someone. Really nice chap.

The bullets are machined in a factory in Kylsyth Vic. which is a suburb in the East of Melbourne.

I have never used the Hydrostatic bullets so I can't comment personally however we have a huge number of hunters come in to work and the conversation invariably turns to hunting, guns, bullets etc. and many have used Hydro's and all have been very happy with the results on a variety of game. The common consensus is that they need to be driven faster than a traditional solid of the same diameter and weight for them to work at their best.

I currently use a combination of Woodleigh RNSN and Protected Point bullets in all of my guns and find them to be superb however I might buy some Hydro's and try them on Sambar deer. A lot of guys use them on Sambar and most say they work well particularly on raking shots on stags during the rut when they often have a lot of mud over their hide which is quite thick around the front of the animal, particularly when rutting.

Matt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com