NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/11/17 08:23 PM
Re: NZ family gravely ill after eating wild pig

Quote:

I'd think a warm-weather immigrant would be better at handling food poisoning than the white appliance set.

NE isn't a PC forum, but that is really quite a ridiculous statement.

Really it is the sort of racism we see from the PC sorts.

White dumb and bad. Brownies good, oppressed and smart.

If you have ever visited India, or South East Asia, the average person has NO IDEA of wildlife. No idea of butchering. No idea of hunting. No idea of nature. Living their whole life in urban environments, in the city with other teeming millions, packed together.

As for meat in a "brown" hot humid environment where it goes off quickly. First meat is often expensive and much more rarely eaten. Sometimes not at all for cultural reasons. Especially pork or pig meat. Which can often be more risky as well. Meat in an urban environment might be bought "fresh" in an old style open market. Or shrink wrapped from a supermarket like we do. Most urbanites anywhere have never butchered anything. Also in Asia there is another reason for strong curries. Curry hides the flavour of rotten or off meat. Also to some extent if well cooked removes from the intestinal effects later on.

Now Babu and co, if new immigrants, and keen to learn about the outdoors, may have gone inexperienced out into the bush to get a bush pig. As we know handling a pig, and butchering a pig needs a little more care than some other animals.

Or these poor people, experienced or not, brown or white, may have eaten something infected somehow, by some disease, infected during butchering or after, or poisoned by 1080.

Very sad result for them. And scary for any hunter. A poisoned animal may well be easier to hunt and kill, but might still look not too bad, especially if seen and shot quickly. And what a horrible result as was in this case.

Personally even though 1080 is used by the farming industry, I lean towards not liking it all. And lean towards it being banned. Never used it myself. A neighbour I believe uses it for "fox" control. has warning signs on his boundary fences, permanently there, which is also incorrect and lazy. Should only be put out before bait is put out and removed some time later. Defeats their purpose to be permanently there.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com