eagle27
(.400 member)
06/08/17 10:52 AM
Re: Bob Penfold passes away

Did Bob guide on top end buffalo? I arranged a hunt up there in 1978 but for the life of me cannot remember who I arranged this with but Bob was around then and I recall his writings. The seed was sown to hunt buffalo after reading the 1978 Sporting Shooter yearbook which contained an article by one of the well known Aussie writers (Bob?) at the time and featured some great photos of close up face off shooting of buffalo.

As it turned out, a few weeks before we were set to fly from NZ to Darwin the guide/PH who I had arranged the hunt with said he couldn't now do the hunt himself as something else had come up (I recall it was something to do with his church/religion) but he would have someone else accompany us.

As it turned out we were met at Darwin Airport by a professional meat shooter who had a pet meat supply business setup at his home out in the country from Darwin. We accompanied him for a week out on the Finnis River Station and apart from shooting some good bulls also shot other buffs to make up the loads of meat everyday for him.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com