Ripp
(.577 member)
29/07/16 01:43 AM
Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline

Quote:

A later comment:

Quote:

Michael Gibson Mod Beth Marino • 3 hours ago

You will be pleased to know Beth that Qantas has clarified their stance. They carry all hunting trophies except CITIES listed animals. They will be notifying staff this week.

But what does "CITES listed" mean? Does it still include a ban on CITES restricted animals even if accompanied with a proper permit allowing its taking?

Good Point...In my opinion, no matter what they officially say, you better have info off of their website stating it is o.k...had a situation with UNITED a few years ago--manager at the front desk told me I could not travel through Instanbul with firearms ..we went back and forth for over an hour..finally when I threatened a law suite for the cost of my trip because of her ignorance she let me go..I am certain she was a lefty anti-hunter...

Personally it seems to be getting just a bit more difficult every year traveling with guns and or bringing trophies back home..and the cost of bringing them back home is becoming insane in price...
Several of my last hunts I just used one of the outfitters rifles..did this in Spain..was simple,easy and they had good quality firearms...

My other thought as to Quantas, I am pretty sure they are not the only airlines I can take to get down there..if that is the position they want to take, fine...I will choose to spend my money elsewhere... seems if/when an entire group (hunters traveling to Australia) starts to boycott their business their allegiances have a tendency to change a bit..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com