Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
06/03/16 09:43 AM
Re: A black fallow buck

As wild game meat cannot be legally sold in Australia like it can in Europe, many game animals not just deer end up being left to rot or bulldozed into a big hole. I know a chap who does some cull work for a farmer and he shot 56 Sambar deer in one Weekend after Christmas this year and they were all bulldozed into a hole. He took what he could but the farmer was not interested in any of the meat. Unfortunately this is not all that uncommon here in Australia as there are many trophy hunters, particularly the young ones who have no interest in the meat. Many of them do not carry meat bags and have no way of dealing with the meat at home e.g. nowhere to hang it and no freezers to store it. We also have the problem here that many people distrust and refuse to eat any meat that isn't beef, lamb, pork or chicken. I know plenty of hunters were the parent, wives and kids won't touch game meat and so it not as much fun for the bloke hunting to cook and eat by himself. Many wives won't even allow the meat into the house. Most of my mates that I hunt with have this problem were the dumb wife wont touch anything hunted, a couple won't even eat freshly caught fish. They are nice people but obviously fucking retarded, however this is the problem when you have a fairly ignorant and stupid population. To much time on Facebook. When I bring home game meat or fish the whole family pounce on it and it is gone immediately. The kids would eat it raw if I let them.
The schools of course don't help either as although they push and talk about nothing else than organic and free range, hunting is never condoned even though it is the most organic and free range of all. My kids can't mention at school that I hunt and that they eat wild game meat as they would be victimised by the teachers as well as a lot of the other kids, and the girls are even worse than the boys.

In an ironic twist, game meat is slowly becoming more popular due to those stupid cooking shows like "Master Chef" and "My Kitchen Rules" while although they are completely set-up and rigged they do cook quite a lot of game and all of a sudden the dumb public are willing to try it because some cretin on a TV show eats it. The fact that people have been eating venison for thousands of years doesn't seem to be important.

It is really sad and only seems to have happened in the last thirty years. Hopefully it changes back one day although I am not holding my breath.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com