NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/03/16 06:16 PM
Re: A safari is a journey + an exciting buff hunt - Drive North

Quote:

Really great pictures, John - HOWEVER - all those different waving pictures.
If is painfully obvious you don't drive fast enough. LOL

Actually have taken these photos at least two times before posting this trip's versions. First time I took the photos while driving. Amazing how much easier it is to pick a spot with adequate vision in both directions, park on the road and take the photos. Drive off the road if a vehicle appears.

My diesel Landcruiser only drives a certain speed but did drive up to 130 kmph at times when trying to make a distance. Usually around 115 kmph. At that the diesel engine still burns a lot of fuel. With the laiden roofrack the vehicle did act a little like a boat so some care was needed or it might rock a bit. At night speeds were well down, or at least I tried to keep the speed down. Hitting a cow, camel, horse or donkey with the Landcruiser at 120 kmph would have been a spectacular disaster ... still damaging at say 80 kmph but more reaction time. One looks for cattle on the road in the headlights, but always a bit shocking ti see a cow unseen appear to the front-side of the vehicle on the road verge and others as well.

Before the next trip I must install some good spotlights.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com