NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/03/16 10:37 PM
Re: A safari is a journey + an exciting buff hunt - Drive North

"A Safari is not a destination, it is a journey through life ..." & "An exciting buffalo hunt"

Where the Devil Plays Marbles

Quote:

Day Three. (revisited) + PLUS THE RETURN STOP OVER

After Wauchope saw Devils Marbles and planned to stop there for a few minutes for photos on the way South.

Stopped off at the Devil's Marbles again, and here are the photographs. These places provide a welcome stop off to stretch one's legs, I usually do them very quickly, a brisk walk, lots of photos and then off again. The tourists sometimes spend hours at these stopovers. I have been to this place many times, since it was only a dirt track and complete open access to now when it is more regulated and controlled.

I could not resist testing out the penetration power of my .450 .... (only joking of course)

A couple of Aboriginal workers, maybe trainee rangers? There was a busload of uniformed Aboriginals also visiting the site as tourists. Good to see.

European tourist couple getting sun tans.

The car park. Lots of tourists.

Parked away from people a little. The head did have a slight odour, but not too bad. Would have to see how acceptable it became as the trip went on. Did not want to have to dump it hidden in the bush somewhere whenever I stopped for the night near people.

First night stopped was in at Three Ways again. Everything was full so was the only person camping in the camp ground, had the entire field to myself. Everyone nnowadays has carvans, camper trailers or stays in rooms or cottages. People camping usually stay in the free roadside stops which can end up having dozens of vehicles often grey wanderers. I tend not to like these stops as they are often surrounded by insufficiently buried toilet spots circling the whole camping spot with the usual hordes of flies ...

Parked my vehicle with the rear of it down wind from me, rolled out the swag, had a shower and meal, and then had a good nights sleep under the stars again. No one within several hundred metres of me.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com