NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/09/15 07:39 PM
Re: A safari is a journey + an exciting buff hunt - Hunting

JB delivered to the airport, I wanted to spend several days in Darwin, so after "roughing it" in the bush decided something different was in order.

While JB finishes his summer holidays in Nice on the French Riviera, I suffered a stay at the Cullen Bay Marina in Darwin with terrible views from the balcony.

I had no idea what the Cullen Bay apartments were and expected a single story motel style resort but no, multi story and I had an apartment on the top floor.

A plus was the washing machine and dryer so spent day one in Darwin washing the clothes so I had clean stuff to wear. Restaurants down at the marina, plus enjoyed a meal in the city itself.

Very much enjoyed dinner one night with Marrakai and Bart.

Seeing I had failed to source any meat during the first hunt, I decide some insurance was in order and visited a wholesale butcher and filled one of the fridge/freezers with a buffalo rump, surloin, three kgs of crocodile meat and couldn't resist a couple of "Flintstones" steaks. Yes very very thick.

I was also talking to an online acquaintance also from Katherine and we were trying to set up a buffalo hunt together at his place of work. Else I was thinking about of returning to the same property JB and I had hunted for a couple of days.

PS the "roughing" it in camp comment earlier was a joke. People seem to expect hunters to "rough it". Finished with that sort if idea when I was sixteen. Now only when necessary.

If I have a guest I expect to try to provide them with a comfortable camp and experience. And the hope of good and fun hunting. The same sort of thing my generous hosts have orovided me with as their guest when visiting them overseas.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com