NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/09/15 12:02 AM
A safari is a journey + an exciting buff hunt - Drive North

"A Safari is not a destination, it is a journey through life ..." & "An exciting buffalo hunt"

Day Four

JB would be arriving in the afternoon so need to drive from Daly Waters to Darwin Airport. 6 and 1/2 hours and 586 kms.

Daly Waters to Katherine. Stopped off in Katherine and texted JB to wait at the airport if I was a little late. Should be rougly on time. Had lunch somewhere, I forgot.

Arrived at the airport and JB was there, waiting only for 15 minutes. Got the vehicle repacked a little, with my duffel strapped onto the roofrack. And away to drive South. The original plan was to stay in Katherine and then meet up with Claydog the next morning. But seeing past experience, without a room booked and wanting very much to have a break and a good dinner, we might arrive there WAY too late, close to midnight, so drove only to Adelaide River and stayed at the Inn there. A good place to stay and a pleasant pub. The room was plain and ordinary but quite cheap.

"Charlie" the famous buffalo in the bar at the Adelaide River Inn at Adelaide River.

Charlie, made famous by Mick Dundee (Paul Hogan) whilst being hypnotised to the ground on the movie Crocodile Dundee passed away in 2000 and now stands proudly on the bar.

Made famous by the movie "Crocodile Dundee".

The 'live' Charlie.

Next morning off to Katherine.

At another roadhouse stopped for a cold drink. They are serious drinkers in the Territory with Jack Daniels available at the bowser ...

Jack Daniel's "on tap"

Contact Us NitroExpress.com