93x64mm
(.416 member)
02/05/15 08:54 AM
Re: Bandy Bandy and a Carpentaria

Its always a fright when you don't see something first & nearly thread on it - especially a snake when you're walking through the bush in long grass, yep long duds & good boots are a necessity over here.
Dad always said to stop, back away slowly & walk around them or stay still & they'll go away, well in my experiences they have pretty much do just that. When I was a young lad I had a taipan about an inch for my bare foot at our old house, just stayed still & he considered me no treat so he just ambled off on his way.
Ash, carpets are no problem at all; a simple garden rake will hold the head down until you grab behind the head! Browns (& taipans) are a different kettle of fish altogether, deliberately disturb them & they will stand up chase you - seen browns over 6 foot long & as thick as your wrist.
We've always had red heelers & they're always on the go for mice, rats etc.(bloody snakes too)
I won't let them go near them if I know that its a brown or taipan. They're just too fast & one bite they're dead in minutes if that. Funny thing is the dogs don't seem to worry carpets for some reason!
Oh by the way gents, do you know that snakes don't like water either?
Especially at 100 degrees Celsius for some reason?
93x64mm

Contact Us NitroExpress.com