Ash
(.400 member)
01/05/15 02:47 PM
Re: Bandy Bandy and a Carpentaria

I've only started this year, Sarg. The goals to catch all Australian snakes (catch, handle, photograph, release). It's pretty interesting, and i've only been starting on the less venomous guys. So far the pythons been the most tricky lol. Climbing back up itself. Learnt from that (first snake) to not take your eyes off the bitey end. And that's why i started on non-venomous. Working towards the venomous ones now. Hoping to get my first Red Belly before Winter fully sets in.

Ha, no worries about them getting killed - i laughed at the Grandfathers quote, and i'll be sure to tell some people it who don't like snakes.

I don't harm them myself, and the goals to be able to relocate them at work - but everyone kills them before i know they're around.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I don't know why they're called Bandy Bandy, but i'd be willing to bet Sarg is right. If it ever stops raining i'll find one of the little blind snakes they feed on (flip enough logs or rocks in the backyard can usually find one).

Funny story about that Bandy. I was with a few younger people (16, 12 and 18). And found it and they all thought it was cool. And i was like "woah you never see these things!" So figured all the parents would think it's neat too. Nope! They all freaked out demanding i kill it. So i took it back and let it go. Was no the reaction i was expecting.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com