NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/11/12 03:48 PM
Re: Verney-Carron Impact Inline rifle - a successor to the BAR?

Every now and again I feel a hankering to have a good semi-auto rifle. For all sorts of reasons, now and for possibilities in the future.

When I saw photos of this rifle, I thought interesting, but ... maybe not for me. But was interested to see one in the flesh. After handling one, I immediately became more interested, as it doesn't feel like a clunky cumbersome pump action. The slide is nice and solid, but quick to use. The forend is fixed. And calibres of .30-06 and 9.3x62 makes two good choices for deer, or deer plus larger game. I thought immediately of sambar deer, and it seems the importer probably did as well. In Europe and especially France, driven boar would be the biggest use of it.

The importer of Trophy Arms in Aust imported a reasonable number of them, and I believe I was told they were going quickly or had already all been sold. So there is interest in them. One of them is advertised on usedguns by Trophy Arms probably to get the news of them out there.

Vikram,

I don't know about that sort of rib, but they are often seen on battue or driven game hunting rifles. Maybe someone having used a rifle like this or a design with a rib like that can comment?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com