500Nitro
(.450 member)
24/02/12 08:10 AM
Re: 100 buff`s 25 buff ea for 4 shooters

Quote:

Quote:

Now to your line of "Buffalo in numbers dont necessarily 'destroy' land... "

Every introduced cloven hoofed animal in Australia has a deleterious effect on our fragile landscape,including the Angus steers we run here.

Well my statement is true - like I said they dont necessarily 'destroy' the land. Of course they will have some effect - as any introduced animal will but properly managed, just like the angus steers, they will not actually destroy the environment.

So how come some Buffalo literally starved themselves to death because of over population pre BTEC and in the process destroyed the landscape / ecosystem (flood plains) by opening up channels that allowed sea water to enter, thereby changing the environment and in some cases destroying it.

Afraid I don't have photos to post.

The same effect that Buffalo had on the wetlands in the north of Australia will also occur with any rise in sea levels (due to ?global warming?). Fresh water becomes sea water, grasses die off, fish die off, Magpie geese will move on.

I will say that I believe they are less likely to destroy the land in the drier areas than in the flood plain areas.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com