FATBOY404
(.400 member)
31/01/12 12:12 AM
Re: Boar before the storm

Quote:

Quote:

I like to drive around and have a look at the pig tracks to see how many pigs there are about,the size of the pigs and where they are coming from.

Good pics.

Without revealing any secrets, where do they come from. A lot of the country looks like farming country, paddocks etc. Is there swamps, rivers, rough country or something nearby where they come from?

This paddock.
They can come from three directions. The main one being about 3 kms away that is undeveloped timber country with a water coarse through it.
Normally they pad to the crop at about 8 or 9 o'clock at night and travel home as the sun is about to come up.

Depending on the direction it will change my plan of attack.
From the SW I will go on a full moon and take my dogs and walk the grass country for them (in the nieghbours) as they seem to come late because they travel a long way.There is not much cover so the first bit of noise and they are gone.
From the N I will go during the day and find where they are camping as it is mellon hole country with grass in it. They lay up in this as it is good cover and most of the time they have water.
From the W I will go real early in the morning and catch them before they cover the 3kms home.
You can't make rules as they do their own thing but basicly that is their pattern.

This paddock is the "last frontier" as there is no more cropping for about 30kms ? west of it.

The roo's give it a hammering at times and can be good for pigs as well.
Just not big numbers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com