tophet1
(.400 member)
12/07/11 08:58 AM
Re: Camel Hunt Report

No projjies recoverd sorry Mick. Maybe next time.

We saw feral pigs and there are dingo on the place. Running out of ammo was a real pain.

We have heard via a third party that we are more than welcome to go back.

I am going to plan to go in November with my son again and his best mate as that is what they want for a High School graduation present. Usually they all go to the Gold Coast for 'schoolies', get drunk, take drugs and shag endlessly. I guess these blokes are getting plenty at home !

Temperatures then will be 21 C at night to 39 C during the day. We will set up two portable camps so we can get out earlier and stay out later without the need to set up camp. The ferals will be concentrated on the water then and our chances of pig and dingo will increase.

We saw a few Red Kangaroos out there. They are absolutely MASSIVE compared to the eastern grey kangaroos we have locally.

I've had a few enquiries from US and UK hunters interested in this type of back to basics adventure and I may have to 'make a plan'. Due to the distances though I very much doubt it is commercially viable. Also planning to go Aug 2012 with a few local blokes who have hunted internationally. The place is that different it's got me hooked.

There is 1,200 squ km of wilderness in the middle of the property. No roads or water, but plenty of camels who come out to the watering points. The ideal hunt would be to get the owner to chopper us in and then walk out.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com