NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
22/06/11 09:52 PM
Re: Trip to Victoria

The next day I decided to go for a scenic mountain drive in the direction I wanted to go.

During the drive took a detour and on the way back, in the corner of my eye spotted what I thought was a deer shape. Thought it couldn't be, it must be an alpaca, but wtf, I was on no schedule, did a U turn and came back. DEFINTELY deer and grazing in a paddock with some sheep.

Did another U turn some distance away and parked on the side of the road near the deer. They were looking at me, I guessed they would run off soon. And of course, my short lens was on the camera, so had to swap for the long lens. If as usual they would run as soon as I exited the far side of the car, and at the back of the Landcruiser, took a photo.

Pushing my luck and moving away from the Landcruiser, the deer honked at me, and ran off a short distance.

The main group of sambar honked me and ran off, but only maybe another 50 or 60 metres. Meanwhile another young male just looked at me, and unbelieveably started feeding again. I don't think he is long for this world, and will soon be in someone's freezer. And if this close to a road, maybe one of these illegal scumbag spotlighers that infect the region.

Took some photos. Then decided to risk crossing a small stream, the high grass to use a fence post as a rest. The male just kept feeding! Across the flock of sheep were four or so deer, in the distance another one.

Unbelievable photo opportunity. In a park like location. But the sheep paddock definitely just had normal sheep fences. I myself had to double check!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com