Homer
(.416 member)
26/08/10 06:32 PM
Re: Bad Blood in the NZ Mountains - incl Mark Sullivan

G'Day Fella's,

ExcessExpress, most NZ chopper operators use single engine machines (Robinson 22 & 44, Hughes/Shwizer300 (both Piston engined), Hughes 500 type, Squirrel 350B (I think?).
The closest you are going to get, is a dual engined Squirrel and that just isn't competitive in the NZ market! Unless of coarse, you are the Government/Military etc!

As to "Heli-Hunting", you need to remember that one of the really Great Traits of the NZ Government in general, is that they actually support and encourage entrepreneurial behavior from there citizens! Yes that's right, the NZ Govt actually trusts it's own people!!!
Unlike Australia and to many other wealthy western countries around the world, that actively stifle this activity with copious amounts of Red Tape and other BS!!!

So given this, I really find it hard to believe the NZ Govt, will put a stop to this appalling activity! The only way I can see to discourage Heli-Hunting, is to find out who has participated in it and let it be known to those in there hunting groups etc? What do you think?

HooRoo
From
Hommer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com