JohnWilkes
(.300 member)
30/12/09 10:47 PM
Re: CAMEL SHOOT IS ON

I agree with what you say Matt. BUT in John"nitro" Hs defence: he is talking about people (like myself) who are hired by a client, be it a Govt body corporate entity or private person (well whoevers paying really) to do a a cull/control whatever. I think he was merely trying to draw a distinction for the benefit of the folk from outside Oz.

It is very hard for people to realise the vastness, remoteness and low population density of the areas these beasties inhabit.

For the benefit of our non oz members I recommend you check out google earth or similar then check population density climate and terrain and this will (sort of) help in understanding why removal is not really viable.

Believe me, like Alan, Sarg and others I have shot/trapped/Live caught for the pet meat/ HC /translocation markets and at the end of the day it comes down to $$$$ if no beggar wants it... well.
H&C et al do do a good job (contary to some folks view) every little helps.
Hopefully one day we will see a Govt. in Australia that has a tiny wee idea about agame/animal management.....but then I am an inveterate optomist.

Don't get me started on the mismanagement of Kangaroo....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com