Drew_Jaeger
(.275 member)
16/11/09 10:14 PM
Re: Young Mick got amongst them

Quote:

Thanks for the comments fellas, and I also hope that the boys pick him up for me, there is a good chance that they will pending on a day off and the rain holding off as its right out the back.

It was a hard time of the year to hunt on foot as we did but I wouldnt change the experience for anything.

As mentioned I was a little suprised with the Woodleigh weight retention and penetration and found that the bullets expanded very well, but were shedding a lot of weight and rarely passing through the pigs, donkeys or horses. I would be keen to here other peoples experiences here.

I was running a 300gr PP SN load in the 375 ruger doing 2600fps muzzel Velocity, the load was selected as it was extremely accurate keeping 3 shot 3/4 inch groups. I would have expected this velocity to rise slightly as I had a round chambered and safety on the whole trip and there were times I slug my rifle over my shoulder and the barell was extremely hot in those 42 degree days.

Absolutely sensational write up with excellent photos MG. That was indeed an adventure of a lifetime. I got a laugh with slapping a bush pig on the arse. Pity about your Buffalo bull mate. Do you know if he ended up floating to the surface? I would loved to have seen the terminal performance of the new 300gr Woodleigh Hydrostatic Solids.

I thought you were using 300gr Woodleigh RNSNs?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com