Matt_Graham
(Sponsor)
13/11/09 10:25 AM
Re: Young Mick got amongst them

Quote:

Actually theres not much of an assumption there at all it`s patently obvious that he didnt hit it in the heart

quote :After a Km of very nervous tracking. End Qu:

Heart shot animals can indeed put on a burst but wont ever go a bloody kilometre as there is no blood left to push them!
Your line "assume away" shows that you havent been paying attn Matt.

Well I have seen a heart-shot buffalo go more than one km. Admittedly it's heart was not totally smashed but most definitely punctured.

Even so, let's say his shot went a little high and missed the top of the heart and major arteries and only took one lung (this was a frontal shot...no?). The result would likely be very similar to what Mick experienced, given that there were no other major structural injuries from the shot - a buffalo can actually survive on only one lung. Would you call that a bad shot???

I can only speak on these matters from personal and sometimes bitter experience, with these large tough critters...

Have you expressed your opinion to mick that his shots were not good? From his private correspondence with me it seems that he is expecting his buffalo turns up dead thereabouts.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com