NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
26/11/08 02:53 PM
Re: get the goose!

Quote:

Quote:

always wanted to get a goose (or two) but yet have always come home empty handed. Even when it was actually goose season too!

you gotta be going to the wrong spot!
with permision slip in hand from the boss we headed out this morning. marrakai bagged out i fell one short, but the fridge is looking good!!!!!
greg

Greg,

Sometimes. A combination of factors.

Out of season timing is one.

Another time was near the coast before the season, lots of geese, but during the season was inland and where we were dry and only a few ducks.

One time we were on a paradise of a property with wetlands filled with untold thousands of ducks, waterfowl and geese. The sky darkened when they flew up. Could have shot a bag limit by just shooting a shell into the air. We were hunting pigs but the owner said no waterfowl! He bought a second property so I tried to interest him in letting hunters hunt waterfowl there, keeping the other as a 'reserve'. Haven't gone back.

Last trip, was in season, even bought a hunting permit (!), went to Harrisons Dam with Bakes. Some birds around, a few shots, but no luck that trip. That's the way it goes.

I want to get one full mounted one day as a trophy goose.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com