Claydog
(.375 member)
05/10/15 08:53 AM
Unusual Animals on Recent Hunt

Just returned from guiding the final hunt of the season. Turned up some unusual specimens you might find interesting. I know I did.

An absolutely massive white cow. Fully white with pink nose and eyes and a rack to die for.

Young white bull I would like to see again in a few years.

This bull thought it was a spiral horned antelope. If you look closely the horns are flat with a twist! Could be a result of some disease as he was in poor condition but impressive none the less. All are still out there in closely guarded locations.

Ripp
(.577 member)
05/10/15 09:23 AM
Re: Unusual Animals on Recent Hunt

I heard about this..you were guiding my friend Troy..

He was very impressed with your operation..FYI..

He figures "we" need to head down there again ..said it was great country ..

Ripp

Claydog
(.375 member)
05/10/15 09:33 AM

Ripp
All turned out well even after nearly picking up the wrong hunter from the airport. Troy was awesome and he mentioned the need to come back with you.

DarylS
(.700 member)
05/10/15 09:55 AM

Good pictures, thanks Claydog.

aromakr
(.375 member)
05/10/15 10:14 AM

Claydog:
That last animal's horns are quite like a Ayrshire breed of cow, and the coloring is similar also. Is there any possibility of that mix?
Bob

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/10/15 04:56 PM

I like the cow.

Just out of interest, what would be the trophy fee on a buffalo cow?

Claydog
(.375 member)
05/10/15 05:34 PM

Not sure, Nitro. Would certainly be a full trophy fee for that animal if not more. Was told I could have her if I wanted but I would prefer to see her breed or guide someone onto her. Has been some interest since I posted on facebook. Of course I would have to find her again. She has never been seen before. Aromakr fairly unlikely though you never know.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/10/15 05:44 PM

Clayton,

So George charges by trophy size???

ie not just by "cull" size vs "trophy" size, but also sizes within "trophy" quality?

Claydog
(.375 member)
05/10/15 07:18 PM

No not at all. I gave the hunter the option to take the animal if he wished as a trophy but he chose not to as he felt like I did regarding its breeding capabilities. Trophies are charged at the same rate regardless of size. When I said "if not more" I would not be surprised if someone wants that animal specifically and willing to pay a premium for it. It is special. But that would be entirely up to George and is not generally how things go. I have seen several cows that would attract a full trophy rate due to unusual shape and or exceptional length but never one such as this.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/10/15 09:42 PM

I always hate the idea of paying more for range sizes of trophy and avoid any places that do that. Imagine hunting in Croatia, Hungary or Romania (or elsewhere) and being told,
"that red stag will cost you $25,000, lets go and find one that will cost you $5000 ..... ". Devalues trophies and just makes hunting success a BS chequebook affair.

It is a monster indeed. A white one would be different.

Cazadero
(.375 member)
06/10/15 12:00 PM

The cow didn't get shot?

Claydog
(.375 member)
06/10/15 02:23 PM

No. And I still wake up thinking about her. Still out there in a never to be disclosed location.

Ripp
(.577 member)
07/10/15 08:03 AM

Quote:

No. And I still wake up thinking about her. Still out there in a never to be disclosed location.

Claydog

Here are some pics of my buddy Troy you were hunting with..

Dont shoot the cow I will be there next year to hammer her...

Ripp

Claydog
(.375 member)
07/10/15 08:59 AM

Thanks for posting those Ripp. It was a fantastic hunt and Troy was a pleasure to hunt with. How good is that Boar! Man leaving that cow still breaks me up. Would love you to come and get her.

larcher
(.416 member)
09/10/15 05:31 AM

Clayton
It's a tremendous trophy.

More or less, this cow is sort of your property, you can do what you want with her?
You're very altruistic to share the pic with us but eventually you can do whatever you fancy with her, You're her "inventor", discoverer. Aren't You. You aren't a P H Capstick discovering trophies in the bars of Maun, Botswana. But hard prospecting many places, what is hard work?
good luck my friend

Contact Us NitroExpress.com