(.450 member)
10/11/11 07:28 AM
Need a dingo or two?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-09/culls-leave-camels-to-rot/3656018

500Nitro
(.450 member)
10/11/11 07:35 AM
Re: Need a dingo or two?

"We've been along and seen where camels have kicked for 20 minutes, half an hour, a couple of hours in some instances, still alive," he said.

"All that did was increase the population of dingoes around Docker River and blowflies."

Well if this was a proper cull, then they aren't adhering to the requirements for shooting them.

I can understand increasing the dingoes and blow flies, it is amazing how a whole area (talking kms here) can have an increase in flies after a cull.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/11/11 07:11 PM

Quote:

The station is the largest exporter of wild camels in Australia and sells camels for live export, live domestic sales and meat.

http://www.kingscreekstation.com.au/

Quote:

"And the stench around the country was unbelievable. I spoke to many Aboriginal men who said they'd left the country because it was too rotten to stay there for up to six months." Ian Conway

500Nitro
(.450 member)
10/11/11 07:33 PM

Maybe the meat doesn't disappear as quickly as it does in the far north NT. A complete Buffalo gone in 24 hours leaving a bit of skin and some bones - and even the bones tend to be dispersed after a day or so.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/11/11 12:30 AM

Dry desert air desiccates/dries out a carcase very quickly so it doesn't smell for long.

Obviously the man has vested interests in wanting to keep the large populations of feral herds.

500Nitro
(.450 member)
11/11/11 01:15 AM

NitroX

Very good points.

Matt_Graham
(Sponsor)
16/11/11 07:06 PM

I had proposals in to the Docker River mob 2 years ago, WITH the blessing of the Central Land Council but the proposals were knocked on the head by the TO's, who apparently decided they didnt want to see dead camels there AT ALL. They were still pushing for live capture market at the time, which was always just a pipe dream.

In the end they got the taxpayer-funded, fed govt. run option, instead of my self-funded 100% control option... what can ya do???

CHAPUISARMES
(.416 member)
16/11/11 07:24 PM

Hi Matt,

You tried, that's all you can do but it has a 'Political' smell as well.

Cheers,

Jeff Gray

Matt_Graham
(Sponsor)
16/11/11 09:28 PM

Yeah mate - it is a GREEN rotten smell!!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com