Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Requesting Pics of Blaser K95 in Rimless Calibers

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Brazos_Jack
.224 member

Reged: 28/02/08
Loc: Texas, USA
Requesting Pics of Blaser K95 in Rimless Calibers
      18/02/09 06:01 AM

I’m interested in finding out as much as I can about the Blaser K95. I wish I could get to BlaserPro because I’ve heard they have a lot of info on this rifle. But, though I’m from Texas, for most of the year I work overseas in a country that attempts to block all gun related sites. Luckily, a few like this one slip though.

I’m considering a Blaser K95 as part of a take-down traveling hunting battery to use when I retire in just a few more years. I yearn for the classic rimmed cartridges like 6.5x57R for deer and antelope and 7x65R for elk. But I worry about flying in somewhere to find that my ammo had flown somewhere else. So I’m thinking that in the U.S., 6.5x55 Swede is more popular than either of the previously named rimmed cartridges and .270 is universally available. I could plan to use the 6.5x55 for deer and antelope and the .270 for elk. But if my ammo went astray in BFE I could use the .270 barrel for everything. I would go 30-06 for the second barrel for maximum availability, but can’t imagine enjoying setting off a 180 gr ’06 elk load in a rifle that only weight a bit over 6-1/2 lbs complete with scope.

Mostly I don’t trust rimless extractors on break open rifles, but have heard that the Blaser K95 is an exception.

Can someone either post here or email to me some close-up photos of the rimless extractor set up for the K95.

Can some of you who own and/or shoot K95’s in rimless calibers discuss any pro’s or con’s of K95’s in these rimless calibers?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Requesting Pics of Blaser K95 in Rimless Calibers Brazos_Jack 18/02/09 06:01 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2222

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com