Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

esldude
.224 member

Reged: 31/03/06
Loc: USA
Nikon Omega on Ruger #1
      09/05/06 09:24 AM

Well got my Omega in from Jon at the Optic zone. Scope is just about what the doctor ordered for a #1. 3-9x32mm with shorter than usual length. So it doesn't look too large or ungainly on the #1. Nor is it heavy enough to upset the nice balance point of the sporter #1.

Scope is plenty bright, and has good clarity. Appears to be roughly the quality of Nikon's Buckmarks. Has just a hint of a bowl effect to my eyes. Not really noticeable except at 9x. Not to make too much of it though. 3x looks nice and clear even at 15 or 20 yards. 9x is a bit blurred at these close ranges. 6x is usable from about 30 yards and longer.

What makes it so nice for the #1 is the constant 5 inch eye relief. Normal scopes with 3.5 or even 4 inch eye relief are a bit too far forward on the #1. EER scopes with 8 inches or more are too much. 5 inches are just what you need with a #1.

I used medium rings on a #1 Sporter 45/70. With the scope shorter you have less front to back adjustment room in the rings. And if you don't push it forward some the scope bell can touch the rear flip up sight with low rings. Which is why I went with mediums to clear the rear flip up sight. Also gives a little more room for loading underneath the eyepiece.

Scope was made specifically for the TC OMega muzzleloader. So should be able to handle the recoil. They make it with a BDC reticule, though I got the conventional Nikoplex as I don't like busy aim points.

Thanks to the Optic zone. I ordered the wrong rings first. And Jon got me the right rings in only two days. Jon is good to do business with. Easy to work with even though it was all my mistake.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 esldude 09/05/06 09:24 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 338X74R   09/05/06 08:03 PM
. * * Re: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 esldude   10/05/06 09:40 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 esldude   10/05/06 11:02 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 338X74R   12/05/06 06:08 AM
. * * Re: Nikon Omega on Ruger #1 esldude   13/05/06 09:12 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2199

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com