Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Article singleshot Cape Buffalo hunt!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Article singleshot Cape Buffalo hunt!
      #5874 - 19/12/03 11:01 AM

I just opened my January 2004 issue of American Hunter Magazine, (NRA) mag. On page 48 there is an article titled
"HIDDEN PERIL" by Thomas McIntyre. He is hunting cape Buffalo with a Ruger No1 chambered for 450NE 3 1/4" !

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Article singleshot Cape Buffalo hunt! [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #5876 - 19/12/03 11:47 AM

Aah it would be good to get hold of a scan of that article . For those of us who can't buy a copy.

Now isn't that irresponsible? At least I remember lots of people on AR telling me that when I once raised a topic, "Would you hunt cape buffalo with a single shot?"

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Article singleshot Cape Buffalo hunt! [Re: NitroX]
      #5925 - 20/12/03 11:29 AM

I not only would hunt Cape Buffalo with a single shot, I have hunted them with a singleshot! A Ruger No1 chambered for 500/450! Did a fine job, with one through the shoulders, and another one up the old shoute as he hit the jesse! 35 yds, and piled up!

I have a scanner but I just changed computers, and for some reason I'm getting a "SCANNER NOT RESPONDING" when I try to use it! I've plugged, and un-plugged everything, a half dozen times with no change! When My son the computer Guru comes to see me, I'll get him fix it, and to scan it for me! I've spent all my life hunting, and shooting, and can barely post a letter on a computer!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

atkinson6
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/04
Loc: Idaho
Re: Article singleshot Cape Buffalo hunt! [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #7800 - 30/01/04 09:49 AM

I would hunt Buffalo with a single shot, but I have hunted Buffalo with a military Mauser 8x57 with military ball ammo that misfired about 1 out of 3....so it does not mean it's a smart practice, in fact it's pretty damn dumb...

Once one stands a close charge, his whole approach to hunting Buffalo will change for the most part...I know of one instance had I been shooting a single shot or that damn 8mm, then I would have been wrestling a buffalo and would have had to choke him down..so maybe, perhaps, it ain't the smartest thing to do....Try bear hunting with a switch, it may be safer...

Maybe the advise on AR was pretty sound, but hey! to each his own, if your a free man and 21 then in my books your a fully growed boy, responsible for yourself, so have at it......I sure don't want anyone telling me what I can or cannot do if its legal and if its illegal, they hopefully ain't gonna know about it.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3345

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com