Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Steak (R)evolution

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Recipes, food, wine & beverages

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Steak (R)evolution
      #331657 - 25/08/19 07:31 PM

Steak (R)evolution

only find a trailer but if you have a chance to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHofv0r7AXM

"Steak (R)evolution travels the world in search of passionate cattle breeders, butchers, and chefs. Far from the intensive cattle farms with their industrial output, a revolution is already underway: good red meat is becoming a luxury product. But where can the best steak in the world be found?

Frank Ribière and his favorite butcher, Yves-Marie Le Bourdonnec, set out to meet the new players- to try to understand what makes good meat. But the new market issues aren’t always where you expect them."

do it

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Steak (R)evolution [Re: lancaster]
      #331659 - 25/08/19 07:53 PM

Have to watch that still.

But when possible I choose to buy lovely big thick steak cuts, from free range beef. I think Woolworths here calls them "Texan Cattleman's Cutlet". Aussie beef though. And far more tasty than feedlot tasteless stuff.

I have pictures on my phone or camera. Must look for them.

I very hot fry the steaks first, to get some nice browning on both sides. Then into a moderately to hot oven for somewhere between ten and twenty minutes. The steaks end up tasty and very juicy. Usually medium rare. If slightly cooked more, still very juicy, and tasty.

Now do this with the usual feedlot intensive fed cow steak. The meat is often "thicker", heavier or grainier. And does not have the texture or the taste.

At one time feedlots were virtually unknown in Australia. I still question how common they are. They are sometimes used to fatten cattle before sale also I believe.

Other cattle raising operations often have many properties. The cattlemen breed their cattle on one property in one area. Then truck them to another part of the country to nbe finished off and fattened. Believe it or not, I believe (?) Central Australia is often regarded as good clean fattening country. The lush green Top End is not??? Counter-intuitive to me, but it seems that way. Unless I am wrong?

And now, because of the UN, and its hatred of meat and especially cattle, the feed lots are under great threat. And the cattle grasslands are under the threat of the UN plan to plant them all to "forests". In the claimed BS of combating "CO2" and "global warming". The agenda is all there in Agenda 2030, big gov't owned interconnected public nature reserves.

But lets stick on the tasty topic of beautiful steaks. Have to watch the video?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Steak (R)evolution [Re: NitroX]
      #331660 - 25/08/19 08:14 PM

I see they push a lot of those insipidly thin steaks. The reason is because beef is expensive in France, or Japan. And many other places.

I see what idiot is parroting the UN agenda against feedlots. The attack on feedlots will drive beef prices in many parts of the world by a multiple in price. And drive it out of the wallet of ordinary people.

Myself, a few weeks ago, I decided I will re-fence the grazing areas of my farm. I don't have a lot of grazing areas, but they are along a creek/river. Lots of fencing. But I decided with the attack on meat, and especially on beef, I will start raising my own cattle again. We used to have around 20 to 25 cows. Which was WAY too many.

We first had a dairy, but Dad thankfully gave that up a long time ago. And instead ran the dairy cattle with calves for sale. Bred up too many. So they have to be supplementary fed.

They are also tough on fencing, and that is a pain. I hate fencing and repairs. May need to try to run some sort of electric wire.

I liked our bulls, they were aggressive and violent. Was very proud to go to one cattle sale. The handler stood in the middle of the ring, and with a padded pole used to prod the cows, steers and bulls, to walk or run around the ring for inspection of buyers. One of our bulls, a medium sized very black bull, just strood into the ring, stopped and glared. The handler jumped instantly behind one of the barriers. WONDERFUL! Bull Machismo! The handler just let the bull stand there until sold. Then it was encouraged to leave the ring. Then the fun really started ...

The black bull ran down the central corridor of the yards, bellowed and JUMPED over the high gate, right into the next lane where multiple people were standing. These walls and gates are at least seven feet high, possibly more. The black bull then jumped another wall. Mayhem. Eventually the stockmen got him coralled somewhere locked up.

Fun stuff. I miss the live sales like this. If I could I would own a proper cattle property,

One of our bulls was named "Ivan", after Ivan the Terrible. He was black and solid. Perhaps he was the one in the yards that time.

One of the earlier ones was named "Bam Bam" after the Flintstones baby. Bam Bam, went bam bam against his enclosure fences. Smashing against them, head butting and charging the barrier. He used to get very angry.

One of our bull's, perhaps Bam Bam, got out of his yard. I remember the bull charging my father flat out, who held a hay pitch form in front of him to stop the charge, a fence behind his back. The bull did this at least twice. I was probably five or so, at the time. I was impressed even back then. Now I think, it must have been very scary to have a solid angry bull charge one, with only a flimsy three pronged pitch fork, to use to keep the bulls head, skull and horns out of one's chest or gut. All of our bull's had horns.

Later as a youth, more than once I had a bull challenge me. I thought, never let them back you down. Out stare them. But always used to consider an escape route, perhaps a fence to dive head first over if need be. Or a steep high river bank to slide down, and perhaps have to climb up the other side it the bull follows one down.

I had an unwarranted confidence in a .22 RF in those days. Thought it could drop a charging bull if needed ... thankfully I never needed to prove it or disprove it. And never had to waste a bull in such a way.

As for scrub or outback wild bulls, they are in my opinion, the most likely to become aggressive and charge a hunter. Not as hard to put down as a water or cape buffalo, but cattle scrub bulls are IMO far more aggressive. Have had at least two or three incidents with scrub bulls. They are fun!

Beef is great in every way.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
      #331662 - 25/08/19 08:51 PM

let made me a statement here: whats green with the greens is RIGTH and was taken once from very conservation hunter and environmentalist who think this way right before the great war.

this was taken by some big city kids to cover they are in fact commies.

only find it in german on youtube but a version with english subtitles exist as the trailer showing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeiW8t7iTvk

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Steak (R)evolution [Re: lancaster]
      #331664 - 25/08/19 09:15 PM

Quote:

let made me a statement here: whats green with the greens is RIGTH and was taken once from very conservation hunter and environmentalist who think this way right before the great war.

this was taken by some big city kids to cover they are in fact commies.

Who was this, Adolf the Vegetarian?

Quote:

only find it in german on youtube but a version with english subtitles exist as the trailer showing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeiW8t7iTvk

Cool, that link is 3 hours 38 minutes.

Had a look for an English, or English subtitled version.

The trailer is in French(?) or at least the beginning and is subtitled.

I found a dubbed 1 hour 49 minute version, which might be dubbed into Japanese or Chinese, was supposed to be English. The language is quite coarse, not sure what it is.

Still looking for an English or English subtitled version. I BELIEVE from a search Amazon might have one on their paid channel.

I will watch it anyway, for the pictures in German and my minimal understanding of the language.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#331667 - 25/08/19 09:47 PM

Here's a video titled:
Steak (R)evolution – Visiting Peter Luger Steak House in Brooklyn, NY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW4Cw1HfR9s

2 hours 5 minutes. CORRECTION 2 minutes 5 seconds ... not the movie.

I think this is the English "version" but looks like a different film completely. At least the first few minutes. Will have to watch more to see if it improves.

The European trailer looked more interesting and better cuts of beef. And the beginning of the German language film looked more interesting

Won't know till I watch.

I think it is insulting and a great mistake not to include Aussie beef. We might have lots of restaurants charging hundreds of dollars for some "special" cow, and its steak in a restaurant costing a mortgage, but some of our ordinary steaks from ordinary butchers are better than these super expensive steaks elsewhere.

Not to be insulting to other countries' members but our food in Australia is far better than the average, above average or even good foods, in definitely the USA and UK, Germany and France. Our Indian food is better than India. Wagyu beef was exported from Australia to Japan. Now its made into mince meat here .... I can even buy aged beef from my local supermarket, but will never pay $100 a kilogram. I only mention this to point out good aged cuts are available in a country supermarket's butcher. But it is a big good supermarket.

Good expensive steaks go for $35 to $45 a kg locally. I pay between $20 to $32 for the steaks I buy, and they are very very good. I think the $32 ones are expensive. Oh for the days when $7 a kg was expensive. And also thus the need for my own cows!

I have to put up the photos. Worth many words of "jibberish" ...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (25/08/19 10:01 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2120

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com