Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Trijicon Accupoint scopes?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
TilleyMan
.333 member

Reged: 23/08/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Trijicon Accupoint scopes?
      #134392 - 04/05/09 12:45 PM

Was at the range over the weekend, and was able to look through a 2.5-10x56mm Trijicon Accupoint scope with the red triangle reticle.

WOW

VERY clear, exceptionally fast target aquisition in an uncluttered sight picture!

http://trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=5
http://trijicon.com/aiming.cfm

I really like that they don't need batteries, ever... otherwise just another thing to worry about along with the GPS, headlamp etc. Standard Duplex reticle available, or the triangle in red, amber or green Tritium.

Seems a couple of the AR style systems they also make are standard issued equipment for the US military, Special Forces, Police Tactical Response Groups etc so should be pretty solid proven kit.

While the 2.5-10x56mm is bigger than I need (3-9x40mm will be fine) does anyone own or have used a Trijicon scope?

Any real reason for choosing a red over an amber or green reticle or just personal preference?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: TilleyMan]
      #134396 - 04/05/09 01:06 PM

Quote:

Was at the range over the weekend, and was able to look through a 2.5-10x56mm Trijicon Accupoint scope with the red triangle reticle.

WOW

VERY clear, exceptionally fast target aquisition in an uncluttered sight picture!

http://trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=5
http://trijicon.com/aiming.cfm

I really like that they don't need batteries, ever... otherwise just another thing to worry about along with the GPS, headlamp etc. Standard Duplex reticle available, or the triangle in red, amber or green Tritium.

Seems a couple of the AR style systems they also make are standard issued equipment for the US military, Special Forces, Police Tactical Response Groups etc so should be pretty solid proven kit.

While the 2.5-10x56mm is bigger than I need (3-9x40mm will be fine) does anyone own or have used a Trijicon scope?

Any real reason for choosing a red over an amber or green reticle or just personal preference?

Have used one on an AR--really an awesome scope--was not mine--but was able to use it at the range..really a remarkable scope..with some amazing features...

Have looked through the one you spoke of at the SCI show last year---was quite impresses..the people I know do like them..

All I know...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: Ripp]
      #137072 - 10/06/09 11:50 AM

G'Day Fella's,

I have just received a Trijicon 2009 catalog from Granite Arms, one of the Australian agents (Grycol Int'l, is about to become the other). I want to install one of there RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex),(possibly #MS04 4MOA red dot) sights to my Kimber 38 Super, pistol. But since looking at the other models that are available, I'm also thinking about machining up a mount and installing one of these on my 404 Jeffery bolt gun. It would probably be the #RM01 4MOA red dot model.
A mate of mine Dave D is the Australasian Sales Manager for Trijicon and I like to promote there products when ever possible. Not just because of Dave but because Trijicon make exceedingly good and innovative products!
I believe the RMR's are a basically an undiscovered Hunting optical sight that would be perfect on a Dangerous Game Rifle at any time but particularly, during Low Light conditions!

What do you blokes think?

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: Homer]
      #137075 - 10/06/09 12:18 PM

Quote:

A mate of mine Dave D is the Australasian Sales Manager for Trijicon and I like to promote there products when ever possible.

What do you blokes think?

That in that case they should become a sponsor.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

HogPilot
.300 member

Reged: 26/05/09
Loc: Texas
Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: NitroX]
      #137076 - 10/06/09 12:53 PM

I've got a Trijicon 1.5x4 on my 416 Rigby. Ordered it to check it out because of all the press on their scopes lately. At first glance, I thought is was a bit cheap. Boy was I wrong. The glass is excellent and the tritium triangle is awesome. I've put about 200 rounds through the rifle with it installed and have had NO problems at all. I think I'll be hard pressed to buy any other make of scope in the future for DGR's. Haven't had a chance to try the plex reticle yet. I find the red shows up very well against dark targets like Buffalo or Boars.

Todd

Homer
.416 member

Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: HogPilot]
      #137087 - 10/06/09 09:28 PM

G'Day John,

When next I'm in contact with Dave D, I will ask him about becoming a sponsor. One of his employees is also a regular on this forum, so I might put it to Bob and get him to ask DD.

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------

TilleyMan
.333 member

Reged: 23/08/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
      #137090 - 10/06/09 10:37 PM

Hommer

I looked through a lot more Trijicon's at the Melbourne Shot Show, both the triangular and small dot type of reticle... the triangle seemed to really leap out of the sight picture in dull light whereas the dot did seem to get lost if the scope was pointed towards a brighter area. I also much preferred the red triangle, but the importer said amber was the best seller

While the optical clarity and resolution did impress me once more, (and this was comparing them back to back with Zeiss, S&B etc) one thing that did bug me was the relatively imprecise reticle adjustment feel... a bit rubbery and not in keeping with the high quality of the rest of the scope.

Maybe you could feed this back to the importers please?

Otherwise a great scope, which seems to get rave reviews in the field...

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #137092 - 10/06/09 10:48 PM

Tilleyman

Amber (or Green) is better than red as it is better in daylight for a lot / some people - inccluding me.

I think the change was initiated by the Military along with going from Red to green lasers.

Homer
.416 member

Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: 500Nitro]
      #137137 - 11/06/09 11:24 AM

G'Day Tilleyman,

I'll pass on your remarks to DD.

I don't know if this will result in any change at the production end of things but I'm a firm believer in, "If you Don't Ask, you will Never Know"!

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#137140 - 11/06/09 12:23 PM

Quote:

Hommer

I looked through a lot more Trijicon's at the Melbourne Shot Show, both the triangular and small dot type of reticle...

I had a good look at them too at the Melb SHOT Show, and a good chat with Bob P and his wife at the stand whom it is always nice to catch up with.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Homer
.416 member

Re: Trijicon Accupoint scopes? [Re: NitroX]
      #137158 - 11/06/09 05:47 PM

G'Day NitroX

I don't know if Bob mentioned to you but he was going to mount one of the Trijicon "Ruggedized Miniature Reflex" (MRM) sights (if I remember correctly), on one of his doubles?

That is what I mean about these types of optical sights being "Undiscovered"! Especially for older codgers like me, with eye sight that ain't as good as it used to be!
There small, virtually non existent weight wise, quick to obtain a sight picture and they won't mess up the balance of a fine rifle!

I'm about to order an extended front Warne Base for my Remington .350 Rem Mag, as I want to mount one of these Trijicon RMR sights on it.
This will then replace my Ruger MkII Stainless .350 (which is now For Sale), as my Sambar rifle.

Think about it Nitro and let me know if you believe they (especially the RM03 model), would work on a DGR?

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#137207 - 13/06/09 03:00 AM

Yes he mentioned it. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4450

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com