Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Product Review: Critter Craddle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Product Review: Critter Craddle
      #48010 - 26/01/06 05:20 AM

I am on the Field Staff at womenhunters.com (r) so once in a while I get to test out new equipment from manufacturers. I recently had a chance on something very interesting that would appeal to many others. Here is the write up:

Product Review: Critter Cradle by Long Grass Outfitters, LLC

Right in the middle of the Michigan firearms deer season I received a big box on my doorstep. It was a complete surprise and upon opening it I found an interesting looking metal object. The Critter Cradle is designed to assist the successful hunter in dressing out their large game. I couldn’t wait to try it. But first I needed a deer so I filled a doe tag right away.

What it is: The Critter Cradle reminded me of a short-legged version of a sawhorse until I opened it up. Yes, it does have short legs but the sides form a V shaped cradle on top of which the hunter rests their game carcass. The Cradle locks open with an attached locking pin. The game animal is placed on its back with the Cradle doing the work by supporting its shoulders and pelvis in a stable, belly up position. The legs of the device, though short, kept my game carcass up off the ground and even better, kept it up and out of several inches of new snow.

The Critter Cradle actually did its job. It was easy to place my deer in the device, just dragged it up to and over the opened up cradle. There was no wrestling with the deer trying to keep its body from flopping over or getting tangled in its legs. It remained in a steady belly up position enabling me to use both hands to dress it out. I had an easy field dress with no dirt and snow getting into the cleaned body cavity. Sawing through the pelvis was so much easier since I could use both hands to do the job.

The Critter Cradle is a simple yet effective design. It makes the cleaning task for a lone hunter so simple.
I found it to be extremely portable and easy to clean. It hoses off with soap and water. It easily fits in any motor vehicle or could be left in the field waiting for use. It is constructed of galvanized steel and won’t rust.

Some facts from Long Grass:

The Critter Cradle holds up to 300 pounds. It only takes five seconds to set up. It folds flat for storage. It is also made in Texas, so your purchase supports American hunters. The Long Grass Outfitters, LLC Critter Cradle will always be a part of my deer hunting kit.

You can reach Long Grass Outfitters, LLC by phoning 210-697-3373, email long-grass@satx.rr.com or visit their website at www.long-grass.com

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ALAN_MCKENZIE
.400 member

Reged: 24/03/04
Loc: Western Australia
Re: Product Review: Critter Craddle [Re: AspenHill]
      #51192 - 02/03/06 11:36 PM

Interesting.
We used to use one of those setups 30 years ago to start the skinning process on kangaroo's.
The one I used was made of timber and about 3 feet off the ground ,saved me bending to far as I am 6 foot and 5 inches tall.
We were shooting for meat and skins so carcases were held in a chiller untill we were ready to process them.
Al

--------------------
"Dogs always bark at their master"
Sir Seretse Khama.25th June 1949

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: Product Review: Critter Craddle [Re: ALAN_MCKENZIE]
      #51490 - 05/03/06 08:23 AM

I did three deer on this thing, it was much handier than just struggling with the carcass on the ground. Plus, since it folds up flat it fits easily in the car.

I'd have some difficulty trying to place a dead deer on a three foot tall model!

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1445

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com