Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT...
      #328748 - 23/05/19 11:44 PM

Top 10 New Riflescopes of 2019
by Eric Conn - Friday, May 17, 2019

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/...m_campaign=0519

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: Ripp]
      #328754 - 24/05/19 01:31 AM

Cool! Tks Art for this thread. Nice to see my favourite scope listed in a 'spread' that has almost every scope WSAY beyond my pay grade.
Mine, however is the 4-16X version with 75moa adjustment and 30moa stadia wires in the view. Easily allowed me a second shot hit in the heart of a 1000 meters buffalo (target). My flub - held for 1000yards first shot as per chart, not meters. That made a difference of 1 1/2 moa from the heart, which caused a low miss with the first shot. Great scope at a good price.

8. Vortex Diamondback Tactical

The newest offering from Vortex, the Diamondback Tactical 6X-24X-50mm gives hunters a first focal plane optic that retails for less than $500 and carries the company’s lifetime warranty. Weighing in at a nimble 24.6 ounces and measuring 14.5 inches in length, the Diamondback Tactical features a 30mm main tube and 65 MOA of total elevation adjustment. The scope is built with an EBR-2C MOA or MRAD reticle and extra-low dispersion (XD) glass for greater clarity and crispness of color, especially in low-light conditions. By simplifying the scope design and providing less features but maintaining premium adjustment tracking capabilities in the turrets, Vortex was able to deliver an extremely affordable long-range scope with a first focal plane reticle. MSRP: $499; vortexoptics.com

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: DarylS]
      #328778 - 24/05/19 02:22 PM

How about that Swaro for almost $5000...whew ..pretty soon we are going to be talking real money..

--------------------

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
      #328782 - 24/05/19 06:56 PM

Can they all handle a 458 Lott and up ?

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: 500Boswell]
      #328784 - 25/05/19 12:01 AM

Quote:

Can they all handle a 458 Lott and up ?

I am not sure about the European models, Swaro and Ziess... but will place my money on Nightforce..

Personally have had a Leupold VX 3 1/75-6 on 2 of my 416 Rems for 16 years now..no issues what so ever.. had a Leupold VX-3 4-14 on my 300RUM or 12 yrs..no issues.. even after flying to Africa, they would be still on target.. switched them out for Swaro's and Zeiss.. have to readjust every time now.. so, while they have good glass, NOT impressed by their mechanical ability.. had a NEW Swaro go back in 27 shots off of a 26 Nosler...

I plan to put a Leupold Mark5, first focal plane on my latest LR rifle.. from those I talk to, what I read, pretty good bang for the buck.. still around $2000, but worth it if they hold up..

Not trying to be real down on Swaro and Zeiss..I probably have a dozen of them put together..but NOT that impressed by them.. each to their own.. if you like them, I'm happy for you...

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #328800 - 25/05/19 08:14 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks Again for sharing Ripp.

Nice to see whats available but as for Trijicon rifle scopes, I'll pass on them at the moment.
I'm not sure if they are still made in South Africa but the existing scopes, were less than good, especially regarding Elevation and Windage adjustments.

D'oh!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: Homer]
      #328812 - 25/05/19 05:20 PM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks Again for sharing Ripp.

Nice to see whats available but as for Trijicon rifle scopes, I'll pass on them at the moment.
I'm not sure if they are still made in South Africa but the existing scopes, were less than good, especially regarding Elevation and Windage adjustments.

D'oh!
Homer

Why on Earth would they make anything demanding in Snoobab South .... peeling bananas perhaps ... I am not a fan of Trijicon at all.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #328813 - 25/05/19 05:22 PM

Leica looks attractive compared to Swarovski. Still out of my price range. I will keep buying second hand scopes at far lower prices from those who HAVE TO HAVE the latest and "best" as soon as it comes out ...

What is this about Zeiss dropping the "discount" line of Conquest, and upgrading them to "top of the line". Just marketing BS or truth?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: NitroX]
      #328841 - 26/05/19 08:00 AM

I don’t think Zeiss “promoted” the Conquest scopes to be top of the line. They still make and sell their Victory line, albeit at gob smacking prices, like $3500.00 CDN!!!! They are also 36mm tubes now.... Big heavy pigs, but they are quite short in OAL, which is nice because many scopes today are just too damned long IMHO.... I think these new Zeiss Victory scopes are starting to cross breed with the Hensoldt military/LE scopes...... The glass is absolutely superb. The erector adjustment range is quite significant and they finally fixed their crappy turrets and are using a much better designed and significantly improved turret with very positive tactile clicks. The reticle choices are minimal. Basic 3 heavy duplex reticles and thin stadia wire to the top of the scope from the horizontal.

The Conquest line was built to a price point to compete with Leupold, and I think they fell short. The equivalent money Leupolds are better scopes with better glass, again IMHO.

Edited by Postman (26/05/19 08:11 AM)

500Boswell
.400 member

Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: Postman]
      #328845 - 26/05/19 10:19 AM

My Zeiss Victory lasted about 60 shots on a 458 Lott ,scopes at least expensive ones,manufacturers should State up to what calibre they recommend they are suitable for !!!! even more annoying when they fail on a hunt !!!!

500Boswell
.400 member

Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: 500Boswell]
      #328846 - 26/05/19 10:21 AM

wouldn't own a Triangle Trijicon

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Top-10-new-riflescopes-of-2019... cheap also,,NOT... [Re: Postman]
      #328848 - 26/05/19 11:45 AM

Quote:

I don’t think Zeiss “promoted” the Conquest scopes to be top of the line. They still make and sell their Victory line, albeit at gob smacking prices, like $3500.00 CDN!!!! They are also 36mm tubes now.... Big heavy pigs, but they are quite short in OAL, which is nice because many scopes today are just too damned long IMHO.... I think these new Zeiss Victory scopes are starting to cross breed with the Hensoldt military/LE scopes...... The glass is absolutely superb. The erector adjustment range is quite significant and they finally fixed their crappy turrets and are using a much better designed and significantly improved turret with very positive tactile clicks. The reticle choices are minimal. Basic 3 heavy duplex reticles and thin stadia wire to the top of the scope from the horizontal.

The Conquest line was built to a price point to compete with Leupold, and I think they fell short. The equivalent money Leupolds are better scopes with better glass, again IMHO.

Agree--they are big heavy pigs..Vortex, when you get into the higher end glass are stupid heavy..plus I am not a Vortex fan.. NF are heavy as well as many of the others mentioned ..

And YES, Leupolds most definitely have better glass than the Zeiss Conquest line..the one thing about the older Conquest line is I really liked their Rapid Z configuration.. works extremely well on my 280AI.. out to around 600 yards thus far, it works well..

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3248

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com