Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Shocks for SUV

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Shocks for SUV
      #10447 - 29/02/04 08:37 PM

I am having a problem with my Toyota Landcruiser in as much that the rear shock absorbers don't last more than six months inspite of limited off roading.I've tried all different makes but the results are the same.
Any recommendations?I've yet to try Monroes,are they good?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ARRA
.224 member

Reged: 18/09/03
Loc: Riverina,NSW,AUST
Re: Shocks for SUV [Re: iqbal]
      #10492 - 01/03/04 09:26 AM

Igbal,
Let me know the model code of your Landcruiser and I can give you the part number for the monroe gas magnum 16 series shocks.I have used 1000s of monroe shocks in customers vehicles and my own 4WD's over the past years and think that they are the best value for money shock in aust! I have used koni ,bilstein ,kyb ,de carbon and others with great success as well but they usualy cost heaps more and dont have a 2 year 40,000km warrenty like the monroes.Can you buy monroes over there ?
Arra

iqbal
resigned as a member

Re: Shocks for SUV [Re: ARRA]
      #10532 - 01/03/04 06:33 PM

ARRA,its a 1987 landcruiser,3 door,model SX5,2.4 Turbo(diesel) with a 2 LT engine.We do get monroes here but i'm not sure whether they are genuine or re-conditioned.I could buy them in the USA and have them sent here provided i have the right specs.Thanks for your help.

ARRA
.224 member

Reged: 18/09/03
Loc: Riverina,NSW,AUST
      #10736 - 03/03/04 09:41 AM

Igbal,
If your landcruiser has coil springs it is a LJ70 model and the part numbers are M-6426(left) and M-6404(right) for the rear shocks.I dont know if the US part numbers are the same as the AUST ones.I'd be surprised if you could not find a spare parts outlet in Perth on the net, that wouldnt send some to you . Also ,I never use reco shocks only new ones.
Have seen problems with a few reco units
I would strongly advise on fitting a set of 16-0455 to the front end to keep it all matched .Good luck with it all and let me know how it works out.
ARRA

iqbal
resigned as a member

Re: Shocks for SUV [Re: ARRA]
      #10816 - 04/03/04 01:14 AM

ARR,thanks a lot.I went on the Monroe site for advise and they recommended shocks by Rancho,the 5000 series.I wonder if they are the same Co.Any way since i'll be in the States in a couple of months i will pick them up from there.

260remguy
.224 member

Reged: 06/04/04
      #13145 - 07/04/04 02:10 AM

I have had good luck with Rancho shocks, but I prefer the 9000 series to the 5000 series because of their adjustable ride characteristics. Very little of my driving is off-road, but the gravel roads in rural Nebraska may be representative of those that you typically drive. Couldn't you get somebody in the US Military mission to order them for you and have them shipped via the military APO/FPO, thus saving you most of the shipping costs? Rancho makes a nice selection of neoprene bushings that significantly reduce body roll, but they do stiffen the ride some. That is why the neopreme bushings and Rancho 9000s make such a nice combination.

Jeff

iqbal
resigned as a member

Re: Shocks for SUV [Re: 260remguy]
      #13147 - 07/04/04 03:24 AM

Jeff,thanks for the advice.I will try to get the Rancho 9000.By the way do i buy the same for the front or are they different.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2516

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com