Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota
      #382826 - 24/02/24 11:59 PM

don't know they reaching the gates of canada now https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=edq-hMHgXvY&si=npG3pyWrEsbDsdTp

for texas I have a solution but its a dangerous thing, just import african swine feaver

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: lancaster]
      #382828 - 25/02/24 03:47 AM

Yes, we have them in the Prairie Provinces now.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

LRF
.333 member

Reged: 28/03/11
Loc: minnesota ,usa
Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: DarylS]
      #382844 - 25/02/24 10:19 PM

KARE11 (Minneapolis) is a very liberal news station first off.. You can see it when they show shooting a hog at night but black the screen just at time of the shot. Don't want to offend anyone's eyes. Won't want anyone to know the facts.
But I was most disgusted with the DNR guy when he said if you see one don't shoot but report, he said they have ways of "dealing with the problem", poppycock no one else has dealt with the problem so why does he think the MN DNR can? BS SHOOT the F'ing thing on sight. The extremely liberal minded MN DNR couldn't find their own ass with both hands, let alone solve a wildlife management problem.

DarylS
.700 member

Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: LRF]
      #382856 - 26/02/24 04:20 AM

Years ago in Moose camp, a Texas hunter told us of the shooting/feeding stations in Texas and I noted I wish we had hogs here. He replied "no you don't, Daryl. Once they get a footing, their numbers expand too rapidly & they destroy the habitat".
I guess we'll be seeing this happen in a few years here. I have heard of "some" making their way to B.C. now, or were introduced by people letting "hogs" loose.
I've heard domestic hogs will grow or start growing tusks inside 1 year of being let loose.

--------------------
Daryl

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #382864 - 26/02/24 07:24 AM

Over here if there's dingoes about they get the little suckers & keep the numbers down to controllable numbers, then they built up & start attacking cattle - farmer does a baiting programme, no dingoes & then piles of pigs. No win situation really!

LRF
.333 member

Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: 93x64mm]
      #382878 - 26/02/24 11:41 PM

Maybe somebody from NZ can confirm or correct, I heard New Zealand also has a real problem with feral pigs.
No Dingoes here in the states but we have coyotes which I don't think would hunt pigs. And we have Timber wolves in some areas. Wonder if the wolf packs would hunt pigs? WE have quite a lot of TW's here in Northern Minnesota. Maybe they are our Northern defense.

DarylS
.700 member

#382882 - 27/02/24 05:04 AM

Time will tell, about those B.C. grey wolves.

--------------------
Daryl

450_EXPRESS
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: S.C.Montana
      #382889 - 27/02/24 06:23 AM

I think the wolves will take whatever is easy, maybe a youngster but even a half grown pig is mighty
strong and solid. Personally I don't think those invasive species (wolves) would do any good. Anyone know how wild boar and wolf interact in Europe?

LRF
.333 member

Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: 450_EXPRESS]
      #382897 - 27/02/24 09:56 AM

If you want to know how bad the DNR is in Minnesota here is what the official law in Minnesota is:

"2. Prohibited actions; penalty. (a) A person may not possess or release feral swine or swine that were feral during any part of the swine's lifetime or allow feral swine to run at large. (b) A person may not hunt or trap feral swine, except as authorized by the commissioner for feral swine control or eradication."

OMG every state is scared crapless of these invasive animals and Minnesota will arrest you if you kill one. What the hell they waiting for?
Going back to the video when they were interviewing the Game Warden I would have said doesn't it make more sense to shoot the damn thing and then report it. Oh that would be sensible, something our DFL (communist government) are incapable of being

DarylS
.700 member

#382903 - 27/02/24 10:51 AM

Making so sense. Should be open season on the blighters- no license needed. Like in Ontario, back in the 60's to protect grouse and pheasant populations.

"It is the duty of every licensed hunter to eradicate all domestic carnivores (substitue feral pigs) found more than 500 yards from outbuildings."
THAT would make sense.

--------------------
Daryl

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #382907 - 27/02/24 01:24 PM

Quote:

If you want to know how bad the DNR is in Minnesota here is what the official law in Minnesota is:

"2. Prohibited actions; penalty. (a) A person may not possess or release feral swine or swine that were feral during any part of the swine's lifetime or allow feral swine to run at large. (b) A person may not hunt or trap feral swine, except as authorized by the commissioner for feral swine control or eradication."

OMG every state is scared crapless of these invasive animals and Minnesota will arrest you if you kill one. What the hell they waiting for?
Going back to the video when they were interviewing the Game Warden I would have said doesn't it make more sense to shoot the damn thing and then report it. Oh that would be sensible, something our DFL (communist government) are incapable of being

What do they propose to do once a sighting has been reported; form committees to look at a multitude of variables, send numerous people out into the field to conduct research, spend 10's of millions on all this. Or just encircle the pig and talk it to death.

BFGW = Bloody Full Grown Wankers.

Daryls idea is the way to deal with this.

LRF
.333 member

#382908 - 27/02/24 01:31 PM

Quote:

Making so sense. Should be open season on the blighters- no license needed. Like in Ontario, back in the 60's to protect grouse and pheasant populations.

"It is the duty of every licensed hunter to eradicate all domestic carnivores (substitue feral pigs) found more than 500 yards from outbuildings."
THAT would make sense.

Daryl, I once read that I think it was in Tennessee that a domestic hog with one foot thru the hog pen fence was considered feral and free game to shoot. LOL Well I would be satisfied if it was 2 feet outside the pen. F'ing bastards.
I went Quail hunting in South Carolina a few years back and also shot 2 Hogs. They were donated to the "folks" as the plantation owner called them. Very deep south. The owner's family had owner the land and house since the early 1800's and the house burned once at the hands of Sherman's Union troops on their march to the Sea in 1864. He had a sign saying that if your last name was the same as the officer who torched the home in 1864 then you were not welcome and would have to leave. (Don't remember the name anymore)

yamoon
.275 member

Reged: 19/06/22
Loc: Kansas USA
Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: lancaster]
      #383109 - 05/03/24 03:19 PM

Kansas does not allow hunting of pigs unless you are a land owner and they are destroying crops. As of now they are only in a few southern counties, I expect that will change in the next few years. I can’t see the logic of not allowing hunting, some of the guys who work for me travel to Oklahoma and pay to hunt pigs, they say it is great fun.
Mike

--------------------
Mike

yamoon
.275 member

Reged: 19/06/22
Loc: Kansas USA
      #383110 - 05/03/24 03:28 PM

Quote:

Maybe somebody from NZ can confirm or correct, I heard New Zealand also has a real problem with feral pigs.
No Dingoes here in the states but we have coyotes which I don't think would hunt pigs. And we have Timber wolves in some areas. Wonder if the wolf packs would hunt pigs? WE have quite a lot of TW's here in Northern Minnesota. Maybe they are our Northern defense.

The wife and I vacationed in New Zealand and Australia October and November last. I spent some time talking to a local hunter, he said the pigs are a real problem. I was surprised at the deer farms. I hope CWD does not make its way there.
Mike

--------------------
Mike

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: yamoon]
      #383150 - 06/03/24 09:37 AM

In sheep country pigs are a massive problem. Sheep are not scared of pigs and pigs will/do eat the lamb even as they are coming out of the ewe's.

In Aust cattle and sheep farmers in Dingo country are between a rock and hard place. Dingo's will kill sheep adult and young and will kill young cows but they also help keep pig numbers down. So wild dogs are shot on sight and so are pigs.

DarylS
.700 member

Re: A Texas warning on wild pigs threatening Minnesota [Re: Rule303]
      #383159 - 06/03/24 02:02 PM

Sounds legitimate to me.
Question, will the pigs clean up carrion?

--------------------
Daryl

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 510

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com