Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Elk for everyone... serious bull party...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Elk for everyone... serious bull party...
      #344386 - 18/08/20 07:13 AM

Friend of mine sent these to me over the weekend.. NOT promoting any photographer..Just thought they were great pics

IMG956687(1) by A Hoffart, on Flickr

IMG954083 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: Ripp]
      #344387 - 18/08/20 08:28 AM

Beautiful RIPP. Finally got some 4G.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #344389 - 18/08/20 09:22 AM

Thanks Ripp. They are good photos, the last one in particular.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: Rule303]
      #344394 - 18/08/20 11:57 AM

Wow. Wow. Wow.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: NitroX]
      #344403 - 18/08/20 04:12 PM

Really beautiful, Art; thank you for sharing.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: Louis]
      #344408 - 18/08/20 10:35 PM

Top notch photos there Ripp!
We'll I'm glad someone's getting out & about, my wonderful little granddaughter decided that she needed to share chickenpox with me!
I've had it as a child, all good here but I now stuck at bloody home in case I'm a carrier!
If you're wondering what its like to be a pariah........well it sucks.
Certainly love our little 'germ bag', not the parents who bring sick kids into her kindy though.
Enjoy your 'outdoor' activities folks.
Lucky buggers!

DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: 93x64mm]
      #344410 - 18/08/20 10:48 PM

I have an elk trip planned this year and pictures like this get the juices flowing.

Was that picture taken this year? Should those guys still be in velvet? Or, are they? In a couple of weeks, they will be battling each other.

We all want a big one, but at this point in my life, I would be satisfied with the scrawny one on the left.

Thanks for posting Ripp.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: DoubleD]
      #344428 - 19/08/20 12:37 PM

Quote:

I have an elk trip planned this year and pictures like this get the juices flowing.

Was that picture taken this year? Should those guys still be in velvet? Or, are they? In a couple of weeks, they will be battling each other.

We all want a big one, but at this point in my life, I would be satisfied with the scrawny one on the left.

Thanks for posting Ripp.

Where you going for your elk hunt?

Yes, pic was taken this year..per what I was told.. photographer has been shooting pis of elk all summer..

Yes..by mid Sept..they will just as soon kill one another as not.. funny how that sex drive ruins so many relationships.

Was told by one of my best friends years ago.. ""Any bull is a trophy"... have never forgot that..

Success doesn't always come in inch of horn, but the enjoyment of the hunt..

--------------------

DoubleD
.400 member

#344449 - 20/08/20 02:36 AM

Headed to New Mexico in November.

Wife is staying home in old people quarantine. She says I have to quarantine up at the Lake cabin for 14 days after the hunt before I can come home. But, I can come down and social distance for Thanksgiving because we are going to have thanksgiving outdoors.

I think it is unnecessary. But she is fearful. I have to respect her fear. But I won't be coming down to social distance Thanksgiving in Oklahoma in November outside. Not happening. 2-1/2 trip down, 1 hour meal outdoors freezing, 2-1/2 trip back up. I will stay at the lake and make me a big elk steak.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #344456 - 20/08/20 09:06 AM

Quote:

Headed to New Mexico in November.

Wife is staying home in old people quarantine. She says I have to quarantine up at the Lake cabin for 14 days after the hunt before I can come home. But, I can come down and social distance for Thanksgiving because we are going to have thanksgiving outdoors.

I think it is unnecessary. But she is fearful. I have to respect her fear. But I won't be coming down to social distance Thanksgiving in Oklahoma in November outside. Not happening. 2-1/2 trip down, 1 hour meal outdoors freezing, 2-1/2 trip back up. I will stay at the lake and make me a big elk steak.

Good luck on the hunt and annoy us all but telling us all about it and showing some photos.

Funny comments about the Thanksgiving. Take care and don't get coughed on, or stick your fingers in your mouth too often.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DoubleD
.400 member

Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: NitroX]
      #344466 - 20/08/20 11:16 PM

Quote:

Good luck on the hunt and annoy us all but telling us all about it and showing some photos.

Funny comments about the Thanksgiving. Take care and don't get coughed on, or stick your fingers in your mouth too often.

Auto correct changed your word. Of course you meant thrill not annoy, didn't you. Ahahahahaha!

I heard from the Outfitter yesterday. They have taken and passed all the State of New Mexico required COVID prevention classes and training. The State now considers them a COVID safe business.

Also yesterday the wife got an Amazon package and it was 20 disposable face masks in Realtree camouflage. They are required in New Mexico right now. Every day I am there I will throw one of these away so she thinks I used them. I'm not worried about giving Elk COVID.

I do plan giving them 250 grains of Sierra GameKing or 440 grains of Woodleigh. I am taking my 98 Mauser in 338/06 Ackley that I built in Gunsmithing school in 86 and my Greener 500 Express No. 2 that I got from Mike right here on NE.com. Only my Varmint rifles have taken more game than the 338/06 ACK.

Yesterday also was binge day for New Mexico Elk hunting YouTube videos. Today I will look for the specific ranch and Unit number.

So Ripp, if you have anymore Elk pictures, keep posting-I have three months until the hunt and need to keep motivated.

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Ripp
.577 member

#344476 - 21/08/20 09:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Auto correct changed your word. Of course you meant thrill not annoy, didn't you. Ahahahahaha!

I heard from the Outfitter yesterday. They have taken and passed all the State of New Mexico required COVID prevention classes and training. The State now considers them a COVID safe business.

Also yesterday the wife got an Amazon package and it was 20 disposable face masks in Realtree camouflage. They are required in New Mexico right now. Every day I am there I will throw one of these away so she thinks I used them. I'm not worried about giving Elk COVID.

I do plan giving them 250 grains of Sierra GameKing or 440 grains of Woodleigh. I am taking my 98 Mauser in 338/06 Ackley that I built in Gunsmithing school in 86 and my Greener 500 Express No. 2 that I got from Mike right here on NE.com. Only my Varmint rifles have taken more game than the 338/06 ACK.

Yesterday also was binge day for New Mexico Elk hunting YouTube videos. Today I will look for the specific ranch and Unit number.

So Ripp, if you have anymore Elk pictures, keep posting-I have three months until the hunt and need to keep motivated.

New Mexico has some huge bulls.. best of luck on that...

I will keep my eye out for more bull photos for you..

Like your choice of firearm.. should work well
What MV are you kicking those 250 gr Sierra's out at??

thx
Ripp

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#344487 - 21/08/20 11:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My wife's first elk.. cow she shot using her Kimber in .308--using 165gr Nosler Accubonds.. 365 yards.. elk was walking..angling way..she dropped to the shot..
DSC01336 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

--------------------

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
      #344494 - 22/08/20 07:44 AM

Whatever you do Ripp, never piss your Missus off!
You've got stuff that can shoot a bloody LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGG way.......& she's a GOOD shot!

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Elk for everyone... serious bull party... [Re: 93x64mm]
      #344509 - 23/08/20 12:13 AM

Quote:

Whatever you do Ripp, never piss your Missus off!
You've got stuff that can shoot a bloody LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGG way.......& she's a GOOD shot!

I try not to piss off any woman..especially those that can shoot..

It's that whole "hell hath no fury" thing..

--------------------

DoubleD
.400 member

#344511 - 23/08/20 01:24 AM

Hang on to that lady Ripp. She is hunter and that makes her a keeper.

My wife is one of those also. I should finish her deer hunting story and post it up here. We have been discussing my upcoming Elk hunt to New Mexico. It is 630 miles, 8-9 hours straight west on the freeway. Jane does not want me to take my truck-it is a 2002 Ford F-150 with 242,000 miles on it. It a good solid truck. But she doesn't trust it, I do.

We bought a new Ford Edge SUV last year for road trips and only put 7000 miles on it in the past year. She suggested I take that on my trip. I said no, don't want carry a dead elk in the back and mess the car up. Don't want to drive it on dirt or gravels roads out to the ranch. And I don't think antlers would fit in the back.

She then said he is going rent me a Ford F-150 for my trip.

I'm telling you guys my wife is a keeper also.

(Sidebar: I married this gal 5 1/2 years ago, she was a widow, me a widower. She has her income, I have mine.)

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
      #344531 - 23/08/20 05:09 PM

DD & Ripp, you look to have outstanding wives!
DD, enjoy your upcoming hunt to the full.
LL

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1850

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com