Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Tom_H
.333 member

Reged: 13/04/05
Loc: Southeast, NY
Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading
      02/01/22 02:18 PM

I tend not to make impulse purchases but this was one of them.
I had seen this

Video from capand ball

Upon having it in my hands, it was actually in better condition than the pictures portrayed.

Carriage gun?!

Upon getting it home, I gave it the once over and it managed to check the boxes.
Plain gun but well built. Laminated steel barrel with a hooked breech (nice surprise)
Flip rear site with point blank and 50 meters?
An extra safety. It is the pin at the breech that when pushed to the right, blocks the hammer from falling.
With an 11" barrel, the center of balance is exactly where your hand is.
Twist is around 24" but it is an 1840 gun and I don't think that they had it figured out yet (although a fast twist should work with a low powder charge)

Bore takes a .610 ball with a groove of .640.

I fired it and consider myself lucky. The breech has a metal stud that sticks up high enough to require a 70gr charge. Lucky because my first try was with 50gr (I didn't know about the stud).

And what is up with that?

What is the correct charge for this? Takes standard caps.

Anybody have any insight on this thing?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Tom

--------------------
Carbonation without fermentation is tyranny

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H 02/01/22 02:18 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading DarylSModerator   02/01/22 03:09 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   02/01/22 11:57 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading 93x64mm   03/01/22 08:18 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading DarylSModerator   03/01/22 08:37 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading 260rem   03/01/22 09:26 AM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   07/01/22 01:47 PM
. * * Re: Jaeger Stutzen!? and looking for suggestions on loading Tom_H   07/01/22 01:48 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1280

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com