Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Custom made muzzleloaders

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Custom made muzzleloaders
      #343484 - 22/07/20 01:31 PM

Hello to all.

One sign you are getting too old is that people that want guns from you have to give them up, or in a few sad cases, they die before you can get them built.

Such is the case with my back-log occasionally. Thankfully not often.

But I have another man that has had to cancel his order due to cancer treatment and the cost associated with medical care. Some of you know that I stopped taking on any new work about 4 years ago, and my back log is now down to about 3 to 3-1/2 years. But I have had a few guns canceled, so what I try to do when that happens (for reasons not the fault of the client) is to sell that place in line and sell the parts he or she has purchased. When someone buys the place I use that money to pay back the down payment (which is the total of the parts and wood) so the customers don't incur that additional loss. In their cases they have enough problems without loosing money too.

Such is the case with 3 guns I have now on my back log.

One classic S.Hawken in 54 caliber ,

One Marshall (Christian Springs) in 62 caliber

And one Fredrick Sell in 50 caliber.

The Hawken is the one closest to the front, the Christian Springs is next and the Sell is last. In my projected line-up the Hawken could be finished before Christmas, the C.Springs in the spring and the Sell next summer.

So if anyone would like a rifle made by me, and wants to get one in less then 3-1/2 years, any of them will be available. The Sell rifle is already started so there can't be a lot of changes to that plan, but the Hawken and the C.Springs are just piles of parts as of now, so if anyone wanted to simply grab the place in line and buy those parts, I can then trade them for other parts to make something else if that was more to you liking.

Please pass the word around. It's not so much for me as it is to help the folks that fell into the hard-times. I have more work that I can easily handle now, so for me one day is about like any other, but selling those places in line would truly help those that need that help ----------worse then I do.

Please PM me if you are interested, or if you know anyone else that is.

Thanks

Steve Zihn

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
szihn
.400 member

Re: Custom made muzzleloaders [Re: szihn]
      #343532 - 23/07/20 11:01 AM

The Hawken is sold pending funds.

szihn
.400 member

Re: Custom made muzzleloaders [Re: szihn]
      #343719 - 27/07/20 01:33 PM

OK the Christian Springs and the F.Sell are now also both sold.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1054

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com