Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: F. Sell style rifle for sale soon

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
F. Sell style rifle for sale soon
      #340313 - 21/04/20 02:11 AM

I have a rifle about 1/2 done and the buyer had to back out due to medical reasons. It's much like the Fredrick Sell rifle on page 100 of Kentucky Rifles and Pistols.1750-1850 by Johnson. The butt plate is a bit flatter on this rifle then the one in the picture, ( more like the B. plate on page 110) but other then that, it's almost a copy. 14 inch LOP, 50 cal 42" lightly swamped barrel with a Chamber lock and the patch box, side plate inlays and carving are near copies of the old gun.

The man who wanted it made is a great old man but can't go through with the project, so I am going to finish it and I am offering the gun for sale to anyone that wants it.
As most know, I have not accepted any new orders now in almost 3 years so I can get my long back log cut down. When I stopped taking orders I was 7-1/2 years out. Now that I am not a young man anymore I can't allow super long back logs. I fear my own health failing before I can complete them all. So if I remain healthy I hope to open back up for custom orders in about 3 to 3-1/2 year.

But for anyone that wants a beautiful authentic styled rifle from me and doesn't want to wait 3-1/2 years, this one will be available soon.

I have no pics yet because it's not done, but the one on page 100 of the book above is going to give you the idea.
Asking $2650. Will take payments if you arrange things in advance.
Please PM me if you (or anyone you know) would be interested.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
Re: F. Sell style rifle for sale soon [Re: szihn]
      #340316 - 21/04/20 08:59 AM

Stay healthy dangit, you’re a muzzleloader building treasure!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1249

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com