Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Questions about Zastava Mauser M70...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Questions about Zastava Mauser M70...
      20/11/18 02:29 AM

OK, so I bought one to mess with. Primarily because it is a 98 action in South Paw configuration. Got it in 9.3x62.

This is a very crudely made gun. I can comment later on the other details but one has me scratching my head a bit.

It is the rear receiver ring thickness under the scope base screw holes. The receiver here is very thin. I had a set of bases/screws from an FN Mauser that I put on the Zastava and the screws stuck out into the bolt raceway significantly enough to stop the bolt from being inserted. So I ground the screws down but...there isn't much purchase now on the rear receiver ring and the front isn't too impressive, either, tho I did not have to grind the screws down, there. Below are the dimensions. The scope lines up fine, so the front ring must be thin, too, or so it seems.

Anybody else noticed this?

Some of these guns are chambered in .458 Mag and I've never read of scope bases shearing off the action, but I guess I don't know why...the receiver is THIN.

Also, there was some small gap running along the middle of the rear base in line with the screw holes which I applied a very thin amount of PC7 epoxy to in mounting the screws. The contour of the Warne bases didn't quite mate perfectly. Since the receiver looked to have been leaned on pretty hard during the polishing stage, maybe that was it. One screw hole was washed out pretty noticeably.

Anyhow, comments/observations?

Here are some pics:

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Questions about Zastava Mauser M70... 9.3x57 20/11/18 02:29 AM
. * * Re: Questions about Zastava Mauser M70... Rule303   29/11/18 05:26 PM
. * * Re: Questions about Zastava Mauser M70... 470evans   29/11/18 12:50 AM
. * * Re: Questions about Zastava Mauser M70... Vladymere   29/11/18 03:49 AM
. * * Re: Questions about Zastava Mauser M70... tinker   29/11/18 08:11 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2469

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com