Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mauser Smallbores by John Speed - limited reprint

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
Mauser Smallbores by John Speed - limited reprint
      #248208 - 30/05/14 11:44 PM

Gentlemen,
I bought the first print, but, it was lost when I moved. Until now these books has been available at ridiculous prices from antiquarian bookshop etc.

This is a great opportunity to buy a very interesting book. Again, I have no commercial interest in this and am not affiliated with the company in any way. Just wants to spread the great news.

Mauser Smallbores: Sporting, Target & Training Rifles by Jon Speed $89.95 list Deluxe Limited Edition, 2014 372 pages, 773 illustrations, 40 in full colour This is a limited-quantity, exact reprint of the First Edition of this book, which has also been out of print and much sought after for a number of years. It continues the tradition established by author Jon Speed in MAUSER: Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles. Here, with the aid of the world's leading smallbore rifle collectors, we present 15 chapters and two appendices full of previously unpublished photos and original factory charts and drawings on the history of all models of smallbore sporting, target and training rifles produced by the legendary Mauser Werke. Mauser's first .22s, patented in 1921 and produced after WWI in response to Allied restrictions on the further manufacture of military arms, were soon upgraded with improved triggers, better actions and longer barrels. Full coverage of the DSM34 (1934) and KKW (1938) training rifles, including reproductions of the official handbooks for both; a chapter on Wehrsport (paramilitary training); precision Olympic target models; .22 cartridge investigations; postwar production of the Model 45 and Model 46 for occupying French forces, as well as a comprehensive serial number chart and parts lists for all models.
http://www.collectorgrade.com/bookshelf10.html

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: Mauser Smallbores by John Speed - limited reprint [Re: Yochanan]
      #248214 - 31/05/14 12:28 AM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1633

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com